PureTick Live Trading Room - - FREE open house

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spectra, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodat

whodat

Where did you get this info from? They posted a track record for the last few months but it wasn't broken down by type of trade.

Thanks

#51     Jul 4, 2007
  2. Yes it is

#52     Jul 4, 2007
  3. I learned some stuff from PT. I've trading futures for awhile now and had a rough start (lost money), I still use some of the things I learned from the head trader (Alex). I slowly developed my own edge and also fell into a small group on Pal Talk completely by accident.

After being "approved" to enter their group I then was fortunate enough to meet some people who really know what they are doing and one guy in particular (who just tells you where he is entering and why) has not only made me fistfuls of cash he has shown me so many tricks it's not funny. It’s not a subscription service, just (from what I can tell) one of those give back to trading type deals and I for one am glad it’s that way for I feel also that a lot of subscription services seem “rushed” or obligated take trades because of the money they charge.

The point is that no room or service is going to TEACH YOU how to trader for yourself, they may assist you but it comes down to you doing the hard work, you doing the losing, you doing the research, you doing the questioning, YOU! YOU! YOU!
    And the reason so many of us newbie’s fail is because we spend so much time looking for the easy way to trade and then by the time most of us find out there isn’t an easy way-our accounts are blown up.
    Anyway, just my two cents worth, and thanks MJH if you’re out there, I will never be able to repay you.
    GT

#53     Jul 4, 2007

4. OK

Spectra registered in Jan O7 and so did you,and a quick search of your post history shows numerous posts praising and defending puretick

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1396304#post1396304

gohstrader

03-14-07 07:10 AM

I really don't know what they offer in terms of what you are talking about. Maybe they do. But all I know is I took their 10 dollar trial and then became a member for 299/month. I made three times that yesterday thanks to them and I'm learning valuable lessons in trading and psychology.

I asked people on this site for help because I was having so much trouble trying to learn the right way to trade which means making money. Puretick has done that for me BIGTIME!!
    I love those guys.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1404712#post1404712

gohstrader

03-20-07 04:18 PM

I don't understand you guys. I've learned a hell of a lot in Puretick and made money. Okay, I can't say I am getting rich but I average 450-700/per week. The important thing is I asked alot of people in here for honest help-even offered to pay them $$$. A few people Pmed me and did give some sound advice which I still use, but it was only after I trialed and became a member at Puretick that I am consistently trading with (Finally) a method.

So it is what they say it is-room to learn and room to gorw and when the time comes, I will take what I have learned from pretty much the only source I've come across that has helped me, and move on to hone my skills further.

gohstrader

03-21-07 04:51 PM

Hey nice trading today Alek. You make an art form of it. Besides the education I am getting from the PT room I also am getting an education watching yourself so thanks.

p.s. It's none of my business but did you really make 10K as it says in the rom dialogue? If so, --very cool!
    GT

#54     Jul 4, 2007
  5. whodat

whodat

You're right. I overlooked that column. I'm still not sure, though, where you got a $7000 loss for the MaxSpan trades. My spreadsheet goes from 11/06/06 to 6/29/07.

This is what I have for their trades. Overall, they had 945 trades of which 740 (78.3%) were profitable. I had an overall profit of $70,295 which was $700 short of what they show ($70,945). My totals for number of trades and dollar amounts cross check so I think they just made a mistake.

I have a profilt of $45,430 for the Trigger trades, $26,385 for the Retrace and a loss of -$1,520 for the MaxSpan trades. That should add to $70,295.

There were 564 Trigger trades of which 446 (79.1%) were profitable, 143 Retrace trades of which 128 (89.5%) were profitable and 238 MaxSpan trades of which 166 (69.7%) were profitable.

Overall, it looks very good to me assuming all that information is correct.

Dan D.

#55     Jul 4, 2007
  6. The main prob with the Max play is it is very hard for new ttraders to swallow the big losses that do occur. From the results you see many winners of $135 then when it loses it hits you with 1.2k loss a lot of new and not so new traders cant handle that and I dont think it sits squarely with there philosophy of helping new traders and I feel it would be better for them to just concentrate on the other styles but this is just my opionion

#56     Jul 4, 2007
  7. notouch

notouch

whodat no offence but you should really read what people write. I said it had lost almost $7000 in June i.e. it lost that much in the month of June i.e. that one month (June) it lost almost $7000.

#57     Jul 4, 2007
  8. While whodat most definitely didn't have a clue of what you were talking about notouch, I performed an independent analysis of the results of Purtick's MaxSpan trading setup according to their published information and my analysis shows the setup actually lost $4,980 for the month of June, 2007.

While the results would be absolutely unacceptable for my own personal trading (approx. $5,000 :eek: in losses for the month?, oh HELL NO!) , they are not, um quite as bad as the $7,000 in losses that you postulate.

Just keeping it honest. :)

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

Puretick Track Record

#58     Jul 4, 2007
  9. Surdo

Surdo

It's actually a consistant loser, what about just taking the other side of every MAX SPAM trade?

We can call it MAX FADE.

el surdo

#59     Jul 4, 2007
  10. notouch

notouch

You might be right. I just did the calculations in my head from what was published on their website. Given that there were a string of $1200 losses I may have included one too many. It seems to be getting progressively worse though.

#60     Jul 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.