PureTick Live Trading Room - - FREE open house

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spectra, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

Well another day and no $10 refund. Will see if MasterCard and CFTC are interested in my dilemna!!

#151     Jul 26, 2007
  2. MasterCard will probably reimburse you immediately w/o much concern. As for the CFTC, don't hold your breath. It's 10 bucks. Could just have been a computer error. I know they should respond, so I get that, but just call MC and you'll probably get your 10 bucks back pretty quickly if you don't do this often.

#152     Jul 26, 2007
  3. Anything under 25 they'll probably just do a journal voucher for and put it back into your account. contact your financial institution before you call MC, they'll probably put the money in immediately while you're on the phone.

That is why most places these days don't make you sign for stuff under $25, since it actually costs more money to dispute <25 than it does to just give it back immediately.

#153     Jul 26, 2007
  4. But I'd still complain to make sure it's on the record what happened, in case it happens again....

#154     Jul 26, 2007
  5. Did you see the $10 charge on your credit card?

IF so, they probably sent you your login info (or at least they would
    claim this) and if you didn't tell them by the 7th day of the trial that
    you didn't want to continue they will hit you for the $299 monthly
    fee or whatever it is.

Now that could/would really suck.

Their so-called 10-day trial is really only 5 trading days (if it is still
    the same when I read this months ago on their site) because you
    have to make a decision to continue or not by the 7th day of the trial
    which is only 5 trading days.

At least this is what I remember reading months ago...

#155     Jul 27, 2007
  6. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

Yes, my card was charged and no I never received the login information. I called, sent emails, sent a pm here - no response. If they try to charge my card for $299, they're in for a big surprise - they'll be charged with intentional fraud.

#156     Jul 27, 2007
  7. NOISY

NOISY

what is the deal? this is peanuts to them if their track record is real.

#157     Jul 27, 2007
  8. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

The deal is Spectra thinks he can get away with it because it's only $10.
    As far as their track record is concerned, if it was that great, the guy would be more inclined to get a customer rather than chase them away.

#158     Jul 28, 2007
  9. This is also referenced in the FAQ: http://www.puretick.com/faq.html

Q: Why do you charge a hefty fee of $10 for your trial? Why not make it free?

A: We did offer a free trial in the past. A lot of spammers and disruptive users were coming in the room and providing false information. A $10 charge gives us a chance to verify your billing address and keep the 'riff raff out' if you will. Charging $10 does not make us rich. But you have to give out your correct address and billing info. People who are in to causing trouble are not willing to do that.

Alex has the best scalping record of any room on the net. We don't put up with the trouble free trails bring any more and I will not hesitate to kick users out of the room.

#159     Aug 1, 2007
  10. Exactly Noisy. We do not care about the $10 at all. Its just for id verification really. That particular user either entered an invalid email address or their email was sent to the depths of the the junk folder.

In any event they could of called in. The phone is answered 17 hours out of the day.

CS

#160     Aug 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.