Puretick.com

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wojack, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Ok, so now that's 6 contracts @ 5,000 suggested performance bond (each) + $300 mentorship (per month) + $5,000 (now that we're talking about it) for the real course lasting all of 5 days.

Boy, trading sure is expensive. :p

JJ

P.S. My point? All this to just trade the YM e-mini contract?

No gentlemen, no.

#31     Mar 13, 2007
  2. Mvic

Mvic

See my qualifiers JJ, I edited my post.

You know if I was coming to the markets to try and make a living and had $100K I was willing to seed the business with $300 for 12-24 month + $5K would not be such bad tuition if it kept me from blowing out or taking a significant loss like most newbies do. If I was able to BE even after 24 months I would be ahead of most who come to the markets with dreams of making a living.

#32     Mar 13, 2007
  3. Mvic basically said it perfectly. Thats one of our goals. Keep a newbie from blowing up while..they will pay some tuition which is laid down clearly up front. I only wish someone would of been able to help me do this when I started out. As i've said before I lost over $25,000 in my first few years

----

JimmyJam,

We are running a business, there is no secret there. I've seen Alex turn a completely newbie trader into a winner in real time. Did this newbie trader pay for that education? Most definitely yes. But that his their choice. Freedom is great. Learning on your complete own is possible but expensive! Now I've been a member of a chat room site (a few of you have referenced it) That billed my credit card for a full year after my 5 day trial was up. They did not offer any notice to this. Business practices like this are sad and we'll never stoop this low. We don't need to. I know in my heart we have a good service. If you don't want to participate thats fine. When a product comes on tv that I have no interest in. I mute or ignore it and suggest you do that too.

I think someone can learn efficiently without having to spend a whole week with Alex one-on-one. Then there are a few others in the room i've seen who are absolutely so unfocused that I think it'd be a good idea. I emailed someone the other day who wanted to come in for that $5000 mentorship and I flat out told them no. I didn't think it was necessary for this person.

You want to learn on your own? great but every time you buy a book your putting money in to someones pocket as well. And I own a ton :)

Bottom line. We want to run a good profitable business but ACTUALLY help people (what a concept!)

Apparently some of you don't think its possible in this field and that's fine.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#33     Mar 13, 2007
  4. Much respect to you Mvic, but I don't think they are presenting the relastic numbers (and view) that you are to fill their rooms.

Good trading,

JJ

#34     Mar 13, 2007
  5. OK CS,

Youre' running a business, no dobut, and actually my posts were pointing that out, but they kept getting deleted.

JJ

#35     Mar 13, 2007
  6. I have no idea why so many people here take it upon themselves to become righteous in what is probably the toughest game in town, when all around them they are being screwed on a daily basis by people paid and elected to protect their interests.

Is this self-righteousness just an outlet for bottled frustration.

Surely this energy can be better directed, since trading is only about making your own account grow

If newbies want to pony up 300 per month, then that is their business in my book.

However if a newbie approached me for a recommendation to a fee charging guru, PT would not make the cut.

#36     Mar 13, 2007
  7. Surdo

Surdo

I made a deal yesterday NOT to flame PureTick, and I am keeping my word.

What is this "$5000 deal", I did not see it anywhere on your website?

el surdo

#37     Mar 13, 2007
  8. Ok no problem..

JimmyJam, I think they deleted trader28's account and posts he was associated with. I did -not- instruct anyone to do this. ET has a ton of moderators no doubt. I did get a message from the owner saying they'd had problems with trader28 in the past.

I didn't mind the posts being there. They were bringing in a lot of traffic to our site.

#38     Mar 13, 2007
  9. Let me start off by stating the obvious. Trader28 has re-registerd his account under "nmeds" and has already sent me a private message threatening me. So get your comments in now before your next account is removed :)

Ok now I will answer legitimate questions.

Surdo,

Someone has pulled that off the FAQ page. It's there. Here's what it says:

Our head trader and author Alex Waselewski does personal mentorships every so often. The mentorship fee is $4995 for 5 market days (9:30am-4pm) of intense real time training. Here is what you will experience:

1. Trading in a personal one-on-one environment with Alex
    2. Analysis profile of your trading
    3. Personal notes packet on filters and other strategies we use
    4. Money management and trade guidance while your in a position
    5. A designated question and answer period set aside after the market closes
    6. The combined knowledge of many other seminars, books and 'gurus'.
    7. Follow ups and phone calls for the rest of your trading career.

The mentorships are usually held in Alex's home in FL or his Condo in PA. (depending on the season)

I have a lot of people ask me about item 6. Alex has spent decades and over $100,000 learning to trade. Hes been in numerous mentorships himself, purchased countless books and attended a number of seminars. By tapping in to his mind and experience, you do not have to spend this vast amount of money to learn to trade.

Should be noted that we never even offered this until we were badgered from a few traders wanting it. So far only 3 have attended.

Alex has been to a few similar mentorships in his career. He told me about one he went to in TX. The mentor would not return his calls or emails after he went. It was around $8,000. That's not the type of establishment I ever want to be a part of.

#39     Mar 13, 2007
  10. bosco81

bosco81

it's been in the FAQs since at least late november. and my initial "welcome" letter encouraged taking advantage of the offer as well.

just saying....

#40     Mar 13, 2007