Puretick.com

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wojack, Mar 12, 2007.

1. That's OK Mark.

Somebody else brought it up, and I asked the question again at:

yet another puretick thread

I still haven't received an answer though.

JJ

#21     Mar 13, 2007
  2. i have stated in the past that these guys seem legit and do contribute some interesting material at times---HOWEVER, just learning that they utilize the unsavory tactic of upselling room members to a $5000.00 secret revealed workshop changes my opinion. bait and switch when used under educational guise is very uncool. regards, surf

#22     Mar 13, 2007
  3. virgin

virgin

I agree and it explains austinP defending them so persistent

#23     Mar 13, 2007
  4. bosco81

bosco81

Is this something new? I don't remember anything about a $5k workshop while I was there.

#24     Mar 13, 2007
  5. One more post to this one though:

mjh one of their staunch and bedrock supports, actually posted that he doesn't take every trade which they call (it's called cherry picking) AND he also said that he takes trades which they do not call, looking at whatever else he uses to trade with.

I responded that he was not supporting Puretick (actually his posts had done them much more harm than good).

gotta run,

JJ

#25     Mar 13, 2007
  6. bosco81

bosco81

and they are, imo, the kind of people that will succeed in the room. Traders with some experience can 'filter their filters' and take trades with high confidence.

#26     Mar 13, 2007
  7. It's actually posted on their website.

5 day, $5,000 intensive (watch, someone is going to show-up and say it's only $4,995.00). :D

In case you're tired of sitting around being cluesless while parroting their calls in the chat room.

JJ

#27     Mar 13, 2007
  8. So what are you saying?

Traders who can't filter the calls will not succeed?

Why the hell does someone paying money for their service have to "filter their calls".

Don't you get it!? :confused:

JJ

#28     Mar 13, 2007
  9. bosco81

bosco81

oh the training. i thought everyone was referring to a separate workshop of some sort. yeah alex mentioned that a couple times while i was there.

#29     Mar 13, 2007
  10. Mvic

Mvic

I was in the room for a week and it is clear to me from the way they trade and their track record (very conservative) that if a newbie started trying to day trade they could do a lot worse than to try out pure tick for $300 a month.

We all know about traders never making it, blowing out, taking 2+ years to become profitable if they survive that long etc. We all know the stats of 95%+ failing in this endeavor. Putting $5K up against those long odds to be taught by a profitable trader may hold some value to newbies who want to avoid some of the pitfalls that end up costing far far more than $5K. I don't know anything about what their course offers and am not endorsing it either way but thought I would just throw that out there to put things in some perspective. I should also qualify this by saying that taking a $5K course for someone who is a newbie and is coming to trade the market with starting capital of $50K-100K+ may make sense. I don't think that it makes sense for someone trying to day trade less than $50K then agin I think it is preposterous that anyone would try and day trade, much less for a living, with less than $50K though I am sure that many do.

It is my opinion that in the long run the only way to be profitable trading is to figure out what works for you and keep refining and adapting. Following others in the long run does not work. In the short run though and especially to help get through the 1st part of the curve being mentored by a successful trader can mean the difference between making it to the next stage or not. This is the area in which I think PT can help.

#30     Mar 13, 2007