PureTick.com

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TIMMY57, Apr 9, 2008.

1. TIMMY57

TIMMY57

so how long would you say that you need to be trading with a guru in order to conclude that his "system" is legit. Like if you are up after 2 months what do you think about that?

#21     Apr 14, 2008
  2. Perhaps 99 of these "gurus" don't work, ever.

Spending your money chasing one at a time is a fast way to the poorhouse.

If you had researched PureTick by searching this site beforehand, you probably would have saved some subscription money.

#22     Apr 14, 2008
  3. Puretick is one of the best deals going, I don't know what these guys are talking about. :confused:

Stick with them kid, they'll take you to the land of El Dorado!

#23     Apr 14, 2008
  4. TIMMY57

TIMMY57

I'd like to think of myself as one who doesn't buy into scams (even though I just did ???)

One side of me knows for certain that this cannot be and that I'm getting lucky.

But the other side of me sees that I'm actually up trading... that is something I've really never experienced, it's actually kinda quite nice.

~I should probably get out while I'm ahead!

#24     Apr 14, 2008
  5. Mandelbrotset said "Stick with them kid, they'll take you to the land of El Dorado!"

That's in Texas, where Warren Jeffs' church of Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints sanctions 50 yr old men to have "holy" sex with 16 yr old girls.
    Or they did till Texas Rangers showed up with warrants.

#25     Apr 14, 2008
  6. TIMMY57

TIMMY57

I was hoping there was some stats guy who would tell me how many days / trades I would need to order to conclude that the "guru" has something

#26     Apr 14, 2008
  7. very difficult question to answer. You'd have to get the trades and do a p test in excel in order to determine stat significance.

but the problem is, is that this is only useful if the results are standard normal (meaning that they are bell curvy)

also fwiw, imho the market isn't all to random and during certain periods certain strategies work well while during other times other strategies tend to work better. So the market conditions might just be good for whatever strategy you are trading.

#27     Apr 14, 2008
  8. but if it seems to work, really no harm in continuing to try it out

#28     Apr 14, 2008
  9. but then again the old cliche comes to mind... "those who can do, those who can't teach"

#29     Apr 14, 2008
  10. If you can "trade size" in six months you're on to someting ... and if you can't, you aren't.

#30     Apr 14, 2008