PureTick.com

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TIMMY57, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ha ha ha

ahh, yes PureTrick.

Go ahead give them a shot, get scammed, then come back with a new username and pretend you never did.

Don't be an idiot.

#11     Apr 10, 2008
  2. Let me tell you about what I've learned at puretick and why it has not been a waste of my money. Depending on your own level of progression with trading, and on your own bankroll, etc, the value I get will not necessarily make it a value for you.

I've only been interested in active trading since January, so pretty new. I've taken a small portion of capital (< $5k) to dabble with futures daytrading.. Other than the futures stuff, I really just hold my company stock and do nothing with it - in other words, I'm as n00b as they come.

I've been @ puretick for 2 months now, still there, with the intention to continue renewing. I am *not* using puretick to take their signals. I am *not* taking their calls unless their call agrees with one of my own system. I am trying to develop my own basic system that I understand, so that one day I can become independent and really gain understanding. Puretick is an educational / training resource for me. It is closer to taking an evening class, or a university course than a signal/buzzer machine (for me).

Here is what it has taught me:

0 - Instruction - The head trader and other people in the room are very responsive to questions about strategy, about different opportunities / perspectives, about pros and cons of different methods. I am taking different calls from the head trader but I bounce some of my ideas in the room and they critique them, or support them. They give clear explanations. The service is a *tutoring* service for me, almost like 1:1 mentorship. Question and Answer, etc. I really like this style. I don't want to take their calls, I don't want to just push a button when they tell me to, that is not a long-term plan.. This room can be used to learn if you don't just sit quietly and follow blindly.

1 - Discipline - When sim trading (and in my first 2 weeks real-money trading) I traded 5, 10, 15 times a day. I took marginal setups whenever I saw them. Just by being in the room and watching what the head trader, and the dozens of other traders in the room are doing, I can see that at least the majority of *these* traders are taking only a half-dozen or less trades a day. No matter how you slice it - this was a useful thing for me to learn (not read, but really learn and practice).

2 - Confluence - These days I am trading 'naked' - only price (no indicators, etc).. One of the things I've learned is that the more confluence of resistance / support you have, the greater the signal. Sounds simple enough, but to see it being repeatedly called out, and to see it being repeatedly explained live, first hand, when the daily pivot, and a weekly low are lined up at the same price level, having that called out and seeing how price behaves - this was a useful experience. There are half a dozen other similar confluences of support / resistance that are *price action* related that they comment on, and I find these useful. Not just for my entries, but from a long-term learning perspective. They also use other signals towards confluence (stochs, ma's etc) that I don't use, so I can't comment here..

3 - Different perspective.. I have my own 'system' (rule-set, entries) that I am developing (pretty similar to AHG really, I'm a noob afterall).. My system will sometimes tell me to enter long, but the people in the room will be preparing to enter short. This doesn't mean I wont enter long, so the value here isnt to help me avoid a bad trade.. It teaches me new overall perspective, a totally new way to look at the market, at the psychology of traders. At a given moment, a group of traders will have a valid basis for going long while a seperate group of traders has a basis for going short. Understanding why this is has been really valuable to me. It's not black and white..

Here are some other *softer* benefits that the room has had for me, ignore these if you want, but I find these more valuable than proper signals, buzzers, triggers, entries, stops, and all that stuff. I don't care about a given trade, or a month's worth of trade, I care about long-term understanding (year)..

-- Commitment - You may disagree with this one but the commitment that a subscription encourages is *very* real for me. I never miss a trading day, I never miss a minute of being in the room, and watching price move live.. This is because I am paying for the service every month, so every day of lost trading is wasting a service I already paid for. If I was not paying for any subscription, it would be easier for me to skip some trading days. I am in PST time zone, so getting up at 5:30am to prepare for trading is not easy. With the subscription, wasting a day of trading (and the service i've paid for) is not easy.

-- Comraderie - Trading with other people is fun. Celebrating wins, and being *accountable* for losses is incredibly valuable for me. I dont announce any of my wins to the room since I am not really following along with them for individual calls. I *do* announce my daily losses when they occur, and this makes me very accountable. It's easier to keep losing if noone knows that you are losing.

I'm not going to get into their entries or stops/exits, etc. If you want to make money taking puretick calls, I can't review those for you. If you want to learn some stuff about trading, it has helped me. If you want some of the softer attributes of being in a room, it has delivered those as well.

I havent checked any other rooms by the way.. And some of the discipline / confluence lessons can be found on ET or in books.. Having them called out while price is enacting them live can not. So thats cool..

#12     Apr 10, 2008
  3. Shortorlong,

Thank you for the long post. It was very
    useful.

Have you tried to verify their daily track
    records as posted on the web site ?
    Are they real ? I have not seen any other
    traders/"educators" who dare to post
    their daily track records publicly.

#13     Apr 13, 2008
  4. Joab

Joab

shhhhhhhhh

Will you guys stop scaring away the fish !

I need the liquidity :)

Keep going to people like pure tick and teach me to trade type vendors they are great and you will all be rich soon just stick with it till I finish paying off my vacation home.

#14     Apr 13, 2008
  5. I know, I know: anything that is too
    good to be true usually is not true.
    So I have my own doubts.

But I like to hear what people like
    shortorlong have to say since he has been
    /is there.

#15     Apr 13, 2008

6. You have gotta be kidding! Do you have the transcript of him saying this?

The head trader lives in an apartment in HICKVILLE royersford PA.-- not actually private jet land. He also makes claims that he was somehow involved in the movie Wall Street in ads run in trading industry magazines. I am SHOCKED that this is permitted to continue in such an overly regulated business.

HLJ

#16     Apr 13, 2008
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Blue Horseshoe invented the e mini!

#17     Apr 13, 2008

8. haahahahaha. I see someone has seen the ads! I was looking for an example to post here, talk about bizzare marketing with unreal claims.

#18     Apr 13, 2008
  9. Private Jets in Royersford PA and the Wall Street Movie connection? These guys should be a comedy team!

#19     Apr 13, 2008
    #20     Apr 13, 2008