PureTick.Com LIVE Trading Room Invite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spectra, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks capt,

We've lost a few members becuase they do not want to hear the truth. They want to turn $5,000 in to $50,000 in one month like a lot of these books promote.

What type of trading do you do?

Cajun

#21     Feb 23, 2007
  2. You want the honest answer? Lately I'd call it Schizophrenic trading. Just can't make up my mind what direction I want to go, so I've gone in all directions, which, as we all know, leads to nowhere.
    I've taken a couple of stabs at day trading the e-minis with modest gains followed by monster drawdowns that just leave me scratching my head. I currently swing trade equities with some success but my account is too small to be considered anything but a hobbyist trader(little over 10K).
    Been at it since 98 and after a ass kicking 6 figure blow up during the later part of 2000 and 2001, it's just never been the same. You'd think after all these years I could shake that, but I haven't.
    But, all that said I enjoy the challenge and continuos learning. What the hell, it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.
    Good luck with your room and your trading. Maybe I'll be a customer one day, but that day ain't today.

#22     Feb 23, 2007
  3. I appreciate your honesty as well. When I started out I wanted to do everything on my own. having a mentor (alex) has definitely helped me. If you still find yourself erratically trading try concentrating on just one particular stock or market (AAPL, YM, ES, AUD/USD) Once you sit with the same market long enough you start to notice defacto support/resistance and get used to its wiggle. Yes its boring! I'd rather be bored and well off then living in a smelly alley. When I first started trading I had someone try to tell me this but I did not want to listen. I was forced to listen when my account dropped below $25,000 and I could only day trade the E-Minis.

#23     Feb 23, 2007
  4. [​IMG]

I cant figure out why people would get confused. This reminds me of my High School algebra class. I was trying to solve for "X", but got confused:p

#24     Feb 26, 2007
  5. It was very clear to me but I was always great in math until I got to geometry. How's your trading going today. The YM is down over 400 pts. We caught some of the move in the room. Just took a trigger short for 100 points.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#25     Feb 27, 2007
  6. Huge money day... haven't had this much fun since July 2002!

ES down -50pts intraday with a +20pt squeeze in the final hour makes it pretty easy. May not see this again for years, might see ten more sessions just like this in 2007 :D

#26     Feb 27, 2007
  7. It feels so good but so wrong at the same time.

#27     Feb 27, 2007
  8. You'll learn to like it. Trust me on that one.

Buckle up!

#28     Feb 27, 2007
  9. We had a guy go long in our room today and blow out his account. I could do nothing to talk him out of it. Strange. The rest of the room members were short and making money. I don't understand this attitude to go against everyone else.

Caj

#29     Feb 27, 2007
  10. people see the low of the daily range, weeks range and think to themselves, wow, the whole week I couldnt buy it at this level, it must be a bargain, then committ financial suicide. Most likely averaging down till funds and equity cant handle the volatility.

its a common mistake. and this mistake will be committed by many more people to follow and many more whoarent even born yet.

#30     Feb 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.