PureTick.Com LIVE Trading Room Invite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spectra, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There is an initial no risk $10 charge for the trial.

We had a lot of problems with spammers and soliciting. This way-- if someone comes in on the trial with mal intent, we have their billing address and info! If someone is willing to invest $10 in our service then they are willing to make an effort to become a better trader.

I mentioned no risk because I refund people who are unsatisfied with the trial so in essence it is free if you dislike what you see.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#11     Feb 13, 2007
  2. i'd like to comment on the 40 pt stop thing. i usually find that when (stock traders especially) people talk about "risk/reward" ratios, they fail to take into account that ALL that matters (in the long run) is positive expectancy, NOT the oft-repeated (and again, mostly from stock people) canard that you should have a smaller risk/reward in your ratio for any setup

the reality is that you can have a setup with a 40 pt stop and 10 pt first target that is very profitable.

absolutely.

i don't want to get into all the game theory math, but if you have a 90% positive outcome trade (meets the first 10 before it hits the -40 90% of the time) and then move stop to entry, etc. that's is a very profitable setup.

#12     Feb 13, 2007
  3. exactly whitster, we would not advise our traders to take any trade that wasn't proven over time. There is more back ground and research on the site about that particular setup. Most of Alex's stops are about 15-20 YM pts max

#13     Feb 19, 2007
  4. Spectra
    I have a question
    LAst time i saw on the result page at the bottom that you,ll were trading with 5 contract and now it say you,ll are trading with 6 contract ( so what happend )
    also the amount you have given does it include R/T commision -? or just net profit
    Thank you

#14     Feb 19, 2007
  5. Assuming the trader takes each and every setup and after two 40 pt losses back-to-back, you don't abandon the setup.

I thought I saw a post or video on ptick from one of the guys telling people they need to stick with the MaxSpan 40pt stop loss and take each trade and not guess which one to take. So, while the #'s may work assuming certain parameters are met, it's also a large assumption to make that the traders in the chat room are all taking each setup with a blind leap of faith. Taking two 40 pts losses back-to-back (which is what happened) will test that faith real quick.

The joys of the psychology of trading.

#15     Feb 19, 2007
  6. Yes we had to switch to an even number.

We pare out 3 and target 1 and 3 at close for purpose of track record. Yes there was too much confusion and I was getting tons of emails from people who couldn't figre out the 3/2 contracts scenario. Of course everyone needs to keep their own journal/record when trading as well.

Caj

#16     Feb 20, 2007
  7. The dollar amount looks much better if you show a net amount for 6 contracts, as opposed to 1 contract. Newbies just look at the bottom line and see, for example, +21,000. Not knowing that it is for 6 or whatever contracts. Cant blame Puretick for utilizing that tactic though. It is just up the person that is looking to subscribe to do their due diligence.

#17     Feb 20, 2007
  8. What would be nice is to see at least one of these services be completely up front about how much money a trader really needs to trade their system. Of course that would seriously cut into subscribers signing up. From what I've read, anyone with less than 15-20K account should not be attempting to use Puretick. Trading multiple contracts with wide stops is certain disaster for the 5K account. Take a couple losers back to back and it's over. That said, the final responsibility is on the trader. Most will learn the hard way, myself included,(not with puretick), that being under capitalized is the primary downfall to all systems regardless of how well the system works over the long term. If you can't survive the short term drawdowns...game over.
    As a note, Puretick does seem to be about as up front as one can realistically expect.

#18     Feb 20, 2007
  9. Captain

Thats actually exactly what we recomend. The first thing a user gets when they sign on to the trail is a caution that they should have at least $15,000. We also instruct them to use a simulator for the first two weeks so they can get used to the methods and not blow out their account. We're pretty newbie friendly.

Cajun

#19     Feb 22, 2007
  10. Then I commend you on your honest, straight-forward approach. Continued success in your personal and professional endeavors.

#20     Feb 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.