PureTick.Com LIVE Trading Room Invite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spectra, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok--Lets try this again. Baron advised me to repost this notice since the old one was accidently deleted.
    -----------------------------

Hi,

I would like to invite you, as an observer who may be able to offer
    criticism or praise as the case may be to our live trading room.

We offer trading calls with Exact Targets, Stops, Entry Prices as well as education on market flow.

If it meets your standards I would appreciate the good review;

If you hate it you are free to make that comment as well. Since I try to
    provide advice to the novice as well as the seasoned trader, sometimes things
    can get confusing, especially if I tell the new trader to stay out of the
    market, perhaps in choppy times or when the Fed is making an announcement.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

P.S. We respect your input and have now updated our track record so that dead zone trades are in a separate log.

http://www.puretick.com/trkrecord.html
    http://www.puretick.com/trkrecord.dz.html

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    http://www.puretick.com

2. clacy

clacy

Does Puretick own this site?

3. lol no clacy, we are a sponsor here. I usually try to post helpful messages as well as promo stuff from time to time. We have a few users from ET on our site and they all have given pretty great feedback.

Of course we get a lot of negative feedback on the boards from skeptics who are too busy winning to go over and check things out for themselves.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

4. Tcbjx9

Tcbjx9

took trial a few weeks ago.. still a member.. great service Cajun!

5. Cajun or others at PT - do you feel that proper backtesting was done on the MaxSpan? Here's what I have seen, but curious on your backtesting results...

> Stop is 40 pts
    > First profit is off at 10 pts
    > Second target is not defined, just out there somewhere

It just appears that having a 40 pt stop when going for 10 and then some more later, you have to work really hard just to get a one to one risk/reward. And then, when you have 2 days in a row of losses, "MaxSpan spanked us hard a second day in the row". http://puretick.com/BB2/viewtopic.php?t=183

Doesn't that require not only a number of 'wins' in a row now just to make up these huge losses, but no more stop outs either?

I understand the premise of the trade, but it does not appear to be a trade that puts the odds in your favor. As you've just seen, 2 days in a row of -40 per day on one trade can really put you in a hole for the day.

Please do interrupt this an attack or anything, I'm simply providing a critique, which I believe was asked for in a number of the PT threads throughout this board.

6. brownsfan019,

Oh no. I don't mind. This is a simple range break setup with modified rules. I've been in contact with people who trade ONLY this for a living. They've done all sorts of backtesting and the most important testing of all, their p&l statement. You can read more about range break setups in Mark Fishers book The Logical Trader. I've done enough testing to be satisfied, I've seen the results from other traders over the last few years and I've been trading it myself in cash.

The setups a trader decides to play also depend on their trading style. I know some scalpers who would never take a 40 point stop. They just can't.

Yes I've taken some stops and some nice wins too! On Friday we made +64 points on this setup! I was pleased. It's one of those setups you must play every day methodically. People who pick and choose will no doubt jump on the down days.

A millionaire Alex knows recently said
    "you could post all my most successful trade setups on the front of the wall street journal and most people would not trade them"

Thanks for inquiry. Have a good week.

7. Thanks for the comment TC. Did not see you in the room Friday. Hope all is well.

8. Tcbjx9

Tcbjx9

I did have a question Caj. Where does Alex conduct his one on one training?

9. bh_prop

bh_prop

I would be interested in observing your real-time chatroom. How do I go about that?

10. You don't offer a "free" trial? :)

#10     Feb 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.