Pure Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by BigPaper, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ammo

ammo

there wasnt a lot of momentum or volume to indicate carry thru so not staying in positions for long was imo the right thing to do

#221     Jun 19, 2010
  2. I would say there is a lot of interest to follow your trading. At least I do it.
    Its just that you know so well what you are doing and its so routine to you so its difficult to add anything :)

Real nice journal!

#222     Jun 19, 2010
  3. Hey, Thx for the post....glad to hear it. Have to help a friend this week doing some things around his home as he has had a liver transplant many yrs back & I don't want him pushing it.

I will try to continue to post when I get bqck next week...if others are listening

Good Trading

#223     Jun 23, 2010
  4. nice low vol right off the opening bell into res....shoulda been a big clue

#224     Jun 24, 2010
  5. SWAS

SWAS

Great journal BigPaper - just read from start to finish. Hope you come back online at some point.

I spent ages trying to find the magic combination of indicators and then over time wittled them away to Volume, S/R and trendlines. Overtime you get to see the psychology of the market and the signs when its changing. I'm not at your level just yet (nor intraday - I swing trade) but am well on my way.

Look forward to further entries.

SWAS

#225     Jul 5, 2010
  6. Hey SWAS, I did the same thing with the indies but never found anything consistent. My level? what is that lol. You only need to be at what makes u feel comfortable as a trader but usually the best trades are the ones that feel the worst at the time of entry< which creates discomfort.....go figure. I am not at your level because I have a hard time swing trading and it's something I hope to be able to do at some point.

I haven't been around much do to lack of interest. Maybe this thread shouldn't be in the journal section anyway.

What I look at is just the auction process like in any other retail areana. there are manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers , consumer etc all along the way. I do my best to time my entries get good prices & the same should go for swing and position traders imo

#226     Jul 7, 2010
  7. SWAS

SWAS

I totally agree about the hardest to take often being the best trades. I overcame this with checklists to quell the voices in the beginning. I trade the close of the market and I rememeber fumbling around madly with my excell spreadsheet and ticking all the boxes before entering which in hindsight might have added one more step of madness! Now I can wait for a good fill:)

I hope you keep up the journal mate. It's a facinating aspect of the markets which you are involved in.

SWAS

#227     Jul 7, 2010
  8. I try not to over complicate stuff. I try yo deal with the emotion and use it as opposed to suppressing it...if that makes sense. It's kind of like facing fears and dealing with them instead of redirecting the fear, which is only a temporary fix.

I have had very little response/interest here and had been asked to help out in another forum/chat room. It is hard to do both and trade at the same time.

I will try to post more here but i have taken some time off the past 2 weeks to help a friend of mine take care of some things around his home. He had a liver transplant 12yrs ago and I used to be in the contracting biz a lifetime ago. He used to climb ladders and all this stuff he shouldn't have been doing at the time but he has finally come to grips with certain limitations he has & he now asks for help when he feels a job will be over his head.

#228     Jul 8, 2010
  9. 5 pt O/N range triple topping right into the 6/24-6/28 sideways PA. 1068.75 being a LVA on a daily chart. The area between 1067-1055 is questionable as composite vol is relatively low but consistent. Looking inside of the daily, the 135 min indicates low vol areas at 65.25, 62.5, 53.5, 50.5 below & hi vol areas 58.5, 40.25 below.
    lva above 79.5, 82.25, 90, 94.5 and hva 70, 73.5, 85-87.5

gaps 1070.5 above & 1024 below
    NPOC 73.25, 87, 1108 above & 58 below

fri in the summer...going to watch the opening PA and try to make a few points early and be done for the day

#229     Jul 9, 2010