pure tick

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traviskathy, Apr 9, 2009.

1. I was thinking about trying the pure tick trial for daytrading the ym they are 82% accurate does anyone have an opinion on them

2. pspr

pspr

I haven't tried them but another I have tried assumes a best fill over a 3 tick range. I would like to know how to enter an order that gives me the best price if the market only comes close to my limit and guarantees a fill at my limit if it is touched.

Another I tried would make ambiguous entry statements only to confirm an entry if the market moves in the right direction.

The moral of the story is, "if you can make consistent money trading why would you hastle offering a real time trading service?" You woudn't!

Here is another thread on them

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159086

3. TRASH

4. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

i have no experience with these guys but you should do a search for "pureshit" or "puredick" or "purescam/spam". that's all i can think of right now...
    you'll see what the general consensus is about these guys.

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I <b>almost</b> agree with this particular sentiment for the simple reason that the scalability of a real time trading room is terrible. It is also a major train on your own ability to just chill every once in a while.

This is just based upon my own time running one and that I burned out though. Prior to really just getting tired of it I LOVED what I did, both trading and running the room. You couldnt give me all the money in the world and get me to agree to moderate a chatroom on anything more then a very occasional basis.

The problem though is that if you really fully believe that, then your belief is that everyone is the same as you, that the have the same exact psychological makeup and needs as you have, which obviously can't be true.

I do know of a couple of people who run real time rooms who make more then 99% of the posting crowd here on ET...but I do agree at least that it's not something I'd be particularly interested in doing ever again.

Brandon

6. I wasted 30 dollar for their trial.
    Very confusing entry and exit announcement. The report you see in their website is what they want to publish.

Go ahead and try yourself ....