Pure Tick - Last Day for Trading Alerts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spectra, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A "turd" in Ross' [TraderZones] pants, too?

:D

#31     Jul 14, 2008
  2. I signed up for the trial and I have to discover my findings so far. I keep seeing nasty/negative posts about puretick.

I have to say that Alex does makes money. He is teaching breakouts and retracements in a very good way. Initially I said "what the f.ck is this!" but after 10 days it became clear that it takes 110% attention span to understand what Alex is talking about.

I have to say the 40-70pt stops are scary and you do not have to take those recommended trades if you cannot afford the risk. At first I though they were ridiculous but after a week I have only seen them hit 2 twice after many many winning 20+ pt trades.

He explains the stops very clearly. If you cannot afford the trigger stops, then the volatility on the YM is too high for your risk. So you just skip the trade and wait until volatility comes down to your blood level.

Alex does seem to take some unofficial trades when they are really risky. At first you think wtf, but only then you start understanding why. This is annoying sometimes.

Sometimes is hell confusing and Alex does get very better fills than you. But that has been only because Alex talks a bit much (nothing against Alex) and you start to tuning him out then you realize that he said to go short at X price when the buzzer rings. You have to follow the charts while listenign to Alex. It is not just "Wait for the buzzer" and you will make money. You will NOT make money that way without knowing the risk you are taking and understanding the charts.

Waiting for the buzzer will work most of the times, but if you do no listen carefully, you will miss some good fills and then you see everyone exiting while are waiting for you 7+ pts and BANG, you have a few points loss.

Also, Alex explains many ways to make money and that can be overwhelming for a newbie. I found myself saying WTF! , I still cannot get it. Now I am just focusing on "breakout" trades. For everything else, I tuneout Alex if he is not chasing a breakout. That seems to be working much better for me :)

I have also been following the "track record page". I think 95% are correct but some other ones are kind of funny just because fills and partial liquidations. I cannot really tell why, perhaps they are funny.

I think Alex is getting a bad rap at the same time it is hell confusing try to follow everything he says. I have to say is that Alex does make money if you can follow the style and understand what he is teaching, at the end you will end up taking your own trades following the style and you will make money.

I have not bought the indicators, nor I am planning to buy them. What I am learning from the live trading room is good enough for me.

All I have to say monitor the risk and stay out of trades that will break your bank.

If you have questions ask Alex during sideways markets. He'll mumble a little but behind the mumble there is lots to learn.

2 cents ...

#32     Jul 14, 2008
  3. Hehehe it's ok ctarmor. Even the negative posters eventually come to the site and find out that it's not half bad but you still have to work hard and then they get discouraged again.

I have experienced a lot of negative energy since I started trading well. My friends who cant trade secreatly hate me but dont want to put the effort in it to learn. The friends I hang around with locally hate me because I have money and they do not. I've found out who my real friends are. Jealous and laziness is alive and well on ET as well unfortunately.

Geoff / CajunSniper

#33     Jul 14, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

Does it make sense to pay money and tune the moderator out!
    Now this is a classic, you win the PT Lemming award of the week for this post ctarmor.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#34     Jul 14, 2008
  5. It is all on your style. I only tune it to what I need at the time. It is making me $.

Obviously you tune him out 100% and good for you if you are making money.

#35     Jul 14, 2008
  6. At the time I recall the three stooges Alex, Geoff and Jason trading YM, all three combined could not break even.

Perhaps nowadays they have become better at the illusion of a good trader.

Susana

#36     Jul 14, 2008
  7. I suppose my bank account is an illussion too, and so are $ in my account.

#37     Jul 14, 2008
  8. That's the ultimate goal. To not need someone trading along with you. But alas even some of the best athletes out there still have coaches and trainers helping them practice and refine their skills.

As for Susanna's claim I'm sure we can can re-instate the "JimmyJam" contest and put that claim to rest. If you can out trade Alex (this contest will be controlled by a neutral non biased party like Infinity Brokerage) or the PureTick calls for two weeks Alex will give you one million dollars no questions asked. We were all ready to do it back a few months ago and had a lot of PR interested and then JimmyJam magically disappeared.. lol!

Geoff / CajunSniper

Give Alex if your seriously interested 828-255-2655 or 877-GO-LONG1

#38     Jul 14, 2008
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

You're willing to wager $1m not knowing ability of an opponent? What are the conditions for a contestant, same?

#39     Jul 14, 2008
  10. Susanna and her brother were in our site for a few weeks. Lets just say Alex is pretty aware of their trading results.

Cajun

#40     Jul 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.