Pure fundamental approach?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by short&naked, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Hmm I don't think you understand. The analysis that I'm referring to is PA analysis. In PA we don't care what causes price to go up down or sideways. It doesn't matter. We ignore news ALTOGETHER. Everything we need to know is written in the behavior of price.

#11     Sep 21, 2008
  2. maybe he is just describing his height and current lack of wardrobe :D

#12     Sep 21, 2008
  3. Pauly

Pauly

This site is for traders, so few here will concern themselves with fundamentals. A good place for fundamentals is IBD at investors.com. Some of us use trading to generate cash and fundamental analysis for long term wealth accumulation/safety.

#13     Sep 27, 2008
  4. Mutuals funds higher guys from Ivy League schools who are supposedly highly skilled in fundamental trading. The average mutual fund is down around 12%. Enough said about fundamental investing/trading.

#14     Sep 27, 2008
  5. Pauly

Pauly

I respectfully disagree - there are many good systems besides trading and we shouldn't disparage the entire system based upon 9 months of mutual fund returns. I've done well using fundamentals for individual stock investing in the 1 - 12 month time frame. More importantly, who am I to argue with Warren Buffett? Fundamentals is a valid system just as technicals and charting and fading the gap. Some of us may not use it, but that doesn't invalidate the system for others.

#15     Sep 27, 2008

6. Agreed, there are many ways to skin a cat.

#16     Sep 27, 2008