Purchasing TS 2000i...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JWest0926, Jun 5, 2003.

1. I'm purchasing TS 2000i, and am a bit worried about TS support for the product. I'm obviously buying it used from a private source.

I understand I can't get technical assistance from TS, but I expect I can find that here, gg.

Does everyone expect TS to continue supporting and providing data for the product?

Any input appreciated.

JWest

2. Why don't you just buy Wealth Lab 3 when it comes out in a month. It will be 500% better than 2000i which is a tempremental piece of software.

At least with Wealth Lab if you have a question you can email the developer of the software for assistance and get a response within a day.

If you buy 2000i second hand you will not get any support from the developer.

Runningbear

3. alain

alain

they are not supporting TS2ki in the United States anymore.

A good place to start is the Omega E-Mailing List... the best source on the Internet for Tradestation 2000i related issues including system developement.

Here is a link to how to subscribe to the List:
    http://www.vista-research.com/./download/Omega_List_at_Eskimo.doc
    (it's in a word format)

or direct to omega-list-request@eskimo.com

Besides that try to look for the ELReference Guide.

and

Omega Research System Trading and Development Club

you can find both @ www.traders2traders.com (go to the directory "Tradestation")

hope that helps.

By the way the book from Arthur Putt "Using Easy Language 2000" is good for the first stages of EL programming.

4. Kermit

Kermit

5. Funster

Funster

ts2000i

for all intensive purposes they dont support it any more.

however you are right that you can find out all you need to know here or elsewhere.

I actually use both TS2000i and WL in my intraday system building.

- WL for it's excellent portfolio analysis and other unique features.

- TS because (and I might get disagreements here !) I find it to be way faster on analysis, it is more stable when it comes to large intraday files and the language is a heck of a lot easier/quicker to program.
    (anybody else hate that time consuming ":=" milarky in WL?)