PUMPING IRON

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ROCK SOLID, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Yeah...and facial hair is a plus!

#11     Sep 23, 2003
  2. To each his own.

#12     Sep 24, 2003

3. hmm, how would you know that??? :D :D

#13     Sep 24, 2003
  4. Well...um...ahem...I needed the money back then to pay for college, hehehe! :p

#14     Sep 24, 2003
  5. I absolutely love to workout physically! The gym is my
    personal laboratory where I experiment incidental and
    grand alike! My body the beaker;iron bars and
    machine the admixture! What glorious things discovered
    in the that wonderful place! What pleasant memories.

I AM INTENSE.

My personal philosophy is if I lived through
    the set I didn't go intense enuf!

I growl! I whimper! I scream! I curse!

I am animal in the gym! :cool:

#15     Sep 24, 2003
  6. Yesterday I pushed the envelope utilizing the REST/Pause protocol!

Anyone familiar with this protocol?

I believe it was conceived by the famous Mentzer brothers --World class bodybuilders a few years back. (unfortunately both now deceased :( ) If not conceived certainly made popular by the same.

Damn near blew out my right bicep (and later right shoulder) because I foolishly didn't warm up prior to the big grunt. I don't know what I was thinking.. I was just so excited to get started I jumped right in and..

whammmo!

Draped over biceps machine, both arms extended, ton a weight on the stack, pulled hard 1st rep .. OUCH! Right bicep barked! "DAMN!", I said. WTF!! :mad: I knew right then and there exactly where i went wrong (no warmup) BUT Nothing I mean NOTHING was gonna stop me from completing that rep! Pulled hard, then harder, then REAL HARD.. the weight stack began to slowly creep up the metal guide rails...

face beet red,

eyes bulging.

TEN SECONDS LATER....[Biceps fully contracted.]

Holding ... Squeezing ... Holding ...Squeezing ... for several more seconds..The Isometric! the icing on the cake! The big squeeze! the Pain!

Perspiration beading on my forehead. Breathing hard & rapid like I just broke the record mile or something equally as arduous :D

Then Down .. down .. down slowly down descends the weight stack ,not in a free fall but with complete control.

Stood up (barely), looked fondly down at those BIG GUNS. Pumped like two Pythons. Veins turgid and swollen and bulging almost obscenely. A wonderful sight to behold. I smiled to myself. [job well done] :)

1st rep completed! 10 secs rest - 3 reps more to go - all just like the first. then on to the shoulder press! where it starts all over again.

Ahhh I LOVE IT! Can ya tell? :D

Well? Anyone familiar with REST/Pause?

#16     Sep 24, 2003
  7. #18     Sep 24, 2003
  8. Hey got any kewl training tales for us?

Post 'em here! :cool:

#19     Sep 25, 2003
  9. Here's a sight you'd appreciate, LongShot. No frills hard core lifting!

www.godsofiron.com

#20     Sep 25, 2003