pump and dump/yahoo message syndrome prevention?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by indahook, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Suggestion. Seems to me alot of threads about individual issues are popping up. Not in journals. But in a pump and dump type fashion. Perhaps ET`rs should not be able to post more than a certain number of these in a certain time period. Or not at all unless in a journal format.

Of course most here probably just want to share. But i`m sure some are just trying to create interest ala yahoo, raging bull...etc

2. newtoet

newtoet

There is a specific "Stocks" thread. What is wrong with people posting and discussing stocks?

As long as it does not fall under ET's penny stock rules, I don't understand your complaint.

3. We are fighting spam 100% and are effectively winning. Perhaps for them to get their digs in they are resorting to time consuming variances...Thanks for the feedback...I personally will watch harder.

Michael B.

4. If you suddenly wake up in a cold sweat thinking about a China stock, then I want to know right away.

If you see a China stock doing the flutter and the price starting to jiggle, then toss out some smoke.

These things we NEED to know right away. Dont worry if your wrong or think someone might make fun of you. We'll debunk them as we go along.

No one is pumpin and dumpin. Their just pointin out stocks that might be good for a trade or two.

5. There are times when a particular stock might be of interest to traders. I don't know how we can avoid pump and dump activity. I want to read about stocks and learn the reasoning behind the choice of stock. I learn a lot from EliteTrader.com members.