Pull information from a live order and pass that information to additional algo logic

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by patrickrooney, Nov 13, 2020.

1. They likes this.
  2. Dazz

Dazz

So when you pull information from a live order and pass that information to additional algo logic, what happens? Greater trade profits? More accurate entries and/or stops?

3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

insert popcorn here for a few more years....

i would love to learn this but don't want to pay 1500 a month for the privilege. i tried it a few times in the past and probably have 10k spent with nothing to show. why not make adl freely available and provide a sim hook in for a much smaller monthly fee. then when traders get comfortable with it, they can flip on the service and move off sim. or you can keep trying to sell it for another 20 years from now.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  4. This allows you to add logic like your own stop logic, with a tick functionality, conditional order logic, additional triggers and plenty more. Consider an order where you have good order book priority and you don't want to cancel replace with a new order. With this feature, you add additional triggers and logic to the order.

5. Dazz

Dazz

right so when you "add additional triggers and logic to the order" over a hundred trades or so what happens? Greater trade profits? More accurate entries and/or stops?

6. Depends on the logic you use/create.

7. This is a very useful feature if you are doing slower-turnover liquidity provision (a.k.a "scalping") and have to figure out when is it worth catching the falling knife and when is it best to move your foot out of the way.

The general idea is that you can build custom adversity logic, like something that would cancel/modify specific outstanding orders based on anything that your heart desires. For example, if you might have a bid on ultra-long resting in the book several ticks away from the touch and have logic to pull that specific order based on a thinning quote in 10s/bonds spread book.

PS. Just for the record, I am not afiliated with TT and I am not even using TT for my trading

eternaldelight and patrickrooney like this.
  8. Dazz

Dazz

so you have no information as to its value, benefit, or profitability in trading then? So why tell us if it generates something we cannot see, cannot measure and do not know/