Pull back or reversal?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashmoney69, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Tyren

Tyren

#21     Jun 28, 2006
  2. #22     Jun 28, 2006
  3. Tyren

Tyren

It took some time to set up the template for charts some years ago, but I only add some few notes every week so it does not take to much time.
    The "B" label on SPX chart is some Astro-dates for my personal interest. The "t", "a" and "A" are my pullbacks.
    "g" and "G" is the Gartley pullback, which I have found out have a little bit less good edge than my stuff.

People can send me a private message if they want to discuss this a little more deeply.

#23     Jul 2, 2006
  4. Albrady

Albrady

Several theories can depict either reversal or pull back or rally sessions.

From technical Analysis:

If major reversal is going to happen,

There should be patterns govern that:

Examples:

Pump and Run Pattern: this Pattern Happen on both Dow and Gold

And I remember that I predict the gold should move down toward 541 and Dow toward 10700.

Head and Shoulders: happened on OLAB and I predicted that OLAB must go back toward 3.5

Sometimes you can have more than one pattern, like both Head and shoulders and bump and run patterns.

How can you say this pump & run pattern or Head and Shoulders?

from my experience, if a share or index went above the 50 and 200 days moving average by almost 40% this means this pattern is fulfilled and market will move back and most often toward the 200 days moving average.

New Theory: Power Low Equations, Applied on Nikkei, and found if the power factor reached unity a share or major index will be like a balloon will burst.

For the pull back market, usually you see only two tops and bottom ( M) shape and once the market make two bottoms and top (W) shape this will move the market back to normal movement. In pull back no major patterns exist (example, Oil).

#24     Jul 6, 2006
  5. Albrady

Albrady

Pump and Run Pattrens as examples for Reversal Market

IBM example

#25     Jul 6, 2006
  6. Albrady

Albrady

pull back market: see the M and W shapes on Oil

#26     Jul 6, 2006
  7. Albrady

Albrady

More Examples for reversal Market

this time I brought you an example from my country stock market, the Saudi Electric company. When the price reached 278, I predicted that the price must go toward 110 due to the head and shoulder pattern formation.

As I indicated earlier that to have a reversal market we should as this question:
    How can you say this pump & run pattern or Head and Shoulders for reversal market??

from my experience, if a share or index went above the 50 and 200 days moving average by almost 40% this means this pattern is fulfilled and market will move back and most often toward the 200 days moving average.

Best regards

#27     Jul 6, 2006
  8. Albrady

Albrady

#28     Jul 6, 2006
  9. Tyren

Tyren

Yes, parabolic price-action is a warning that a pullback will not work very well.

#29     Jul 15, 2006
  10. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Pullback or reversal, does it matter? A good trade starts at the microcosm...unless you are into big stops, which probably means you don't have a clue.

#30     Jul 15, 2006