Pull back or reversal?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashmoney69, Jun 19, 2006.

1. hcour

hcour Guest

2. #12     Jun 20, 2006
  3. Finally I can see a clear and definitive answer on page 4.

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37848&perpage=6&highlight=pullback&pagenumber=4

:confused:

#13     Jun 20, 2006
  4. What about gaps?..

if the stock fills the gap, is that a reversal, a pull back, or non of the above.

and are gaps considered a reversal? or just a temporary shift in supply/demand?

thanks

- Nathan

#14     Jun 20, 2006
  5. I believe your talking about something that requires a chart example because there can be different answers to your question.

I say the above because I've seen GAP fills be part of a reversal pattern and have seen pullbacks fill a gap without going much lower and still remain as a price pullback.

Regardless, if its involved with WRB's...its a shift in supply/demand.

Mark

#15     Jun 20, 2006
  6. ==============
    As NasdaQQQ nickname said;
    time

Lots of things help , amoung the most helpful also;
    50 day moving average

Converging things reinforce it with force;
    like more time [May June]below 50dma:cool: They reinforce its a reversal , a major sell off.

OCT also is known for major selloffs;
    much of 4th quarter can be bullish, especially tek stocks.:cool:

#16     Jun 20, 2006
  7. rjv27

rjv27

My motto is it's a "pull back if you make money and a reverse if you lose money"

rjv

#17     Jun 20, 2006
  8. If you have trouble with this question, lower your time frame so that you don't CARE about the difference.

#18     Jun 20, 2006
  9. cnms2

cnms2

Retracements usually happen on lower / decreasing volume. Reversals usually happen on higher / increasing volume.

#19     Jun 20, 2006
  10. Tyren

Tyren

Well, you can look at :

price : for example 3 long candlesticks indicates reversal, pullbacks should have smaller and smaller candlesticks
    price-action before pullback : strong trend is best, I have backtested this. And... this is very important, you should look at the size of the last pullbacks. There is a rythm in all objects, but I will not tell here what it is. It's a hint to look at the 3 drive pattern.
    volume : decreasing volume is good for pullback
    leaders : SPX has leaders(semis, smallcaps, bank... breadth, bonds), BONDS has leaders, CRUDE OIL has leaders... etc
    time : for example the market makes a 8 bar ab=cd -pullback and then stays at the same level for 2-4 bars then you know that times is running out and that this is probably going to be a reversal.

Tyren (designer of the Tyren wave system)
    Norway
    :)

#20     Jun 28, 2006