Pulitizer Prize Winner Claims American Army Most Violent and Murderous

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Nov 2, 2006.

1. furthermore in the series "the 10,000 day war" aired on the history channel, general william westmoreland in an interveiw said president johnson would call him in vietnam and say "i was just watching the evening news, and based on what i saw i want you to do this or that". westmoreland said "i would tell him what is on the news is not happening in vietnam, but i was ordered to do it anyway".
    do you remember the trail of death (i believe it was called) in the first golf war? when retreating iraqis were caught in a trap and were taking unbelievable caulties from airpower? a reporter found out about it, cried "FOUL!" televised the story, made g. bush panick and order an immediate cease fire (we now have to fight the survivors). maybe these two presidents didnt want to be called bad guys.
    nothing has changed. reporters and now add the bipartisan commision. more inept civilians creating more confusion.

#41     Dec 9, 2006
  2. Another neoklown blaming the messenger for news they don't like...

#42     Dec 9, 2006
  3. It can only be called news when it is unbiased reporting.

Otherwise, it is political propaganda, and should be discounted...

#43     Dec 9, 2006
  4. So Fox news should be discounted, Rush Limbaugh, Coulter, Hannity, the White House press secretary et al should be discounted.

Yep, agree...

#44     Dec 9, 2006
  5. What news? Hirsch is stating an opinion. I fail to see any supporting facts presented. He could be wrong or he could be right. His words hardly merit the moniker of messenger.........

#45     Dec 9, 2006
  6. Yep, and I see you also would include Hersh in that pile...

My point has been made....

#46     Dec 9, 2006
  7. i dont know who does more damage. the media or al queda.

#47     Dec 9, 2006
  8. "Hersh described video footage depicting U.S. atrocities in Iraq, which he had viewed, but not yet published a story about."

Video footage of atrocities in Iraq is news. If you think he is lying about what he viewed, that is a different issue...

#48     Dec 9, 2006
  9. So you discount Fox news, et. al.

About freaking time...

#49     Dec 9, 2006
  10. Always did, moron....

#50     Dec 9, 2006