Puerto Rico Statehood? HR 2499

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wallet, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Wallet

Wallet

2. " Statehood would give Puerto Rico more congressional representation than 25 of our 50 states! It would inevitably give Democrats two additional U.S. Senators and 6 to 8 additional Members of the House. "

TAH DAH!!!!

3. Illum

Illum

Never been to the Puerto Rician parade in NY. Never gonna go either. Um.. no thx.

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

This morning it was announced that New York and California both lose one Democrat seat in the Senate... because of people like me who won't return the census form.

Poof! All gone! :D

5. Wallet

Wallet

Each State has 2 Senators, House Members are a different story, to lose a Senator is impossible. get your joke correct.:D

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I heard it on Left Wing Radio, y'know, NPR. :D

If New York and California do not make it to some threshold census numbers they each lose a senator. I don't know what that means for the house.

The census is sending workers to the homes that have not returned a census form.

NPR, the golden standard in truth lol.

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

8. After having lived for several years in Puerto Rico, I can feel pretty much certain that the Puerto Ricans won't be voting on statehood any time soon.

They bring this up every few years to toss around, the island residents get in a tizzy over it, fights break out on their political shows (fist fights) and then it fizzles out again.

9. Though Obama and the Dems would love to have PR become a state, PR gets many important benefits similar to being a state without having to pay income tax to the USA.

10. And that is exactly why they never seriously consider it.

#10     Apr 30, 2010