Publishing Stocks Under-valued

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Gary_McLaughlin, Aug 21, 2005.

1. KevinK

KevinK Guest

Hmm...sounds interesting. As am investor I tend to look more for growth, as I find the biggest moves are typically made in the fastest growing stocks. I have been looking at a site with a model, www.valueengine.com, but I have yet to sign up for it. It factors in EPS growth and the 10 year I believe. If anyone has experience with this site or model please tell me your experiences.

Thanks
    KK

#11     Aug 21, 2005
  2. landboy

landboy

30 year T-bonds as a rate is pretty aggressive valuation no? I'd first go with a mixed wacc, or something closer to the historical industry return rate. Also, you may want to put in a growth rate suitable for the org in question.

Refreshing to see some good ol DCF on the boards, reminds me of skool

#12     Aug 21, 2005
  3. WACC is a good suggestion. I'll begin looking at that in the future. I also like your suggestion for historical growth rate. In fact, I used to take last years earnings and forecast them to the future using the historical long-term rate but I've found TTM to be just as reliable and more relevant. Discounting with that rate is an interesting idea. If there's an art to valuation it's definitely the discount rate.

#13     Aug 21, 2005
  4. Looks like just a site for advertising.

#14     Aug 21, 2005
  5. KevinK

KevinK Guest

Err sorry, I am referring to the one used by Suttemeir on realmoney, the actual site is:
    valuengine.com/

sorry

#15     Aug 21, 2005