Publicly Known Strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by August, Jan 11, 2007.

1. #11     Jan 12, 2007
  2. Study money management, that's where the returns come from.

#12     Jan 12, 2007
  3. Yes blowing your money on the right women and alcohol is very important and should be researched thoroughly

#13     Jan 12, 2007
  4. The way I see it you have three parts to the market.

The mechanics of the market.

The psychology of the market.

Money management.

Read all you can, get a broad knowledge base, then watch. When something doesn't look right, act.

I've asked a similiar question, most people respond that they developed their own system. Whatever you can think of, take it to the market and track it. Don't be buying someone elses dream.

#14     Jan 12, 2007
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Those making 240 % consistently year after year may not exist at all. Instead, Look for 50 % per year ( hard but achievable ).

If there are people making this kind of performance, they are obviously self taught, you will probably never heard of them and there's no way they give any information about what they are doing.

#15     Jan 12, 2007
  6. August

August

Sorry, I used 100k as my base (what I would trade with) not 10 and then used 10 (a number I see used a lot) as my example, thanks for fixing that!

Bearbelly - thank you!!

Kiwi_Trader - I think you're totally misreading me. You're reading exhaustion as cynicism. I've come to these forums completely without ego saying I am seeking information - so I'm not sure what pleasure you would be receiving in my failure. Perhaps that is the nature of this business? I do have an ego in the business where I acquired my potential trading capital - I didn't when I started, but it grew overtime with results. I am hoping to have an ego about trading some day - but only when deserved. For the moment, I'm trying to decipher a lot of mixed information and I'm appreciating everyone who offers direction.

Trader28Lite - Thank you!

runningman, nutmeg, TraDaToR - thank you!

- - -

TraDaToR, Interesting assessment and much more likely. Is this regarding the emini's or daytrading/swingtrading equities?

If the holy grail for emini's was 50%, it seems like it would make more sense to opt for swing trading as you are not locked to a screen as much for that.

#16     Jan 12, 2007
  7. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to assume everything is bullshit scams. You will be right much more often than you are wrong.

Once this is achieved, you work like hell to prove the strategy, or system, wrong. It's hard because I used to see something and only use the data that proved me right. Once you realize that you are actually clueless (and it takes a few blowups -- at least for me), then your quest to prove "it" can't be done will eventually find something that works.

#17     Jan 12, 2007
  8. What is the floor trader method?

#18     Jan 12, 2007
  9. #19     Jan 13, 2007
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

It is regarding any kind of trading...E minis permits more leverage than stocks, but the goal remain the same.Stocks are better IMHO.

There are certainly guys who have done 1000 % or more one year . They are no genius at all for most of them , they are just anomalies of P§L distribution , they just had abnormal winning rows coupled with big leverage and unconscious risk management, but they will never have this kind of return all their lives.

Best hedge funds are making 30 % per year and retail traders like you and me with much less means and experiences are supposed to make 20 % per month? No way.

#20     Jan 13, 2007