Public Trading Contest With LMI - get funded!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Liberty Market Investment, Oct 7, 2019.

1. padutrader

padutrader

that is the case with any market.

#51     Oct 12, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Nuh uh. Put up some RB/HO charts, and watch the magic for a few weeks. They are a scalper's true wet-dream.

#52     Oct 12, 2019
    legionx and DevBru like this.
  3. Did anyone manage to get a grip on the software (VolFix)? I can't for the life of me zoom into the chart or find any indicators.

#53     Oct 13, 2019
  4. Volfix is garbage

#54     Oct 13, 2019
  5. So this is a contest to get into the practice account. So essentially, this is a way to skip the first level w/o paying. The hope here is to get you in that hamster wheel that so many first time posters loved in that other thread. Got it.

#55     Oct 13, 2019
  6. TommyR

TommyR

I would like to utilize the following algorithmic procedure (signal generation) as part of my contest strategy. On observing the depth level on the bid side of a particular auction, i proceed to execute a sell order such that the difference between the highest bid and lowest offer on completion of said order is 10x the current spread. I will then predict the next move in the lowest ask. I will class my algorithmic ability to be of high power if it is lower and i am able to exit the venture in a profitable fashion. Would this possible edge be replicable in a test environment?

#56     Oct 13, 2019
  7. bbpp

bbpp

When the contest begins?
    Per contest rule it begins on Monday at 7:00 pm CT, but I suspect it was a typo. It should begin at 7:00 am CT?

#57     Oct 13, 2019
  8. schizo

schizo

On YouTube, it states 7PM CT Sunday, and that's probably correct considering that the futures market open on Sunday night.

Here's the Trading Hours for ES:

Sunday - Friday 5:00p.m. - 4:00p.m. CT with a trading halt from 3:15p.m. - 3:30p.m. CT; Daily Maintenance period Monday - Thursday 4:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.

#58     Oct 13, 2019
  9. schizo

schizo

You can zoom in and out by left click and drag on Time (bottom of the chart), or stretch by dragging the Price (right-side of the chart). Also you can move the charts simply by clicking and dragging inside the chart. You'll need a little practice at first for sure.

I don't think there's any indicators/studies. I suggest you use your own charting software and only enter trades manually with Volfix.

#59     Oct 13, 2019
    andre.salmeron and padutrader like this.
  10. bbpp

bbpp

That doesn't make sense.
    Why the contest skip Monday during which futures market is open?
    Why we trade 4 days while market is open for 5 days?
    And the contest rule states you need to trade at least 5 days.

#60     Oct 13, 2019