Public thinks media is biased and untrustworthy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 8, 2003.

1. T-REX

T-REX

The news media in general will always be biased because it is controlled by the fed.

#11     Oct 9, 2003
  2. Wow, I never knew Greenspan had the media in his icy grip. It must be his mind-numbing Greenspeak that lulls the media into obedient servitude to do his evil bidding.

LOL :D

#12     Oct 9, 2003
  3. This sounds like a regurgitation of your Poly Sci 101 class that you probably just finished. Geez, where do you start with this one. And land barons too? Cool.

#13     Oct 9, 2003
  4. Actually, the problem is not media bias, it is media monopoly. I'm not opposed to the remaining lib's in this ocuntry having media outlets to enjoy. I would prefer that the taxpayers not be forced to pay for it, as we do with NPR and Public Broadcasing Service, but liberals are not known for paying their own way. No one forces me to watch Dan Rather, but until there was Fox News your only choice was three leftwing anchors on three networks, all promoting liberal Dem's and targeting conservatives when they weren't just ignoring them.

This is still a serious problem for newspaper readers. Most towns and cities have one paper and it is usually a clone of the NYT or LA Times. The token "conservative" op-ed column is usually from some ineffectual "kennel-fed" conservative, not the kind of hard edge, intellectually vigorous debate you find in the Washington Times, for example.

The old media is keenly aware of the erosion of its former power by Fox, new media such as Rush and Matt Drudge and the bloggers. Their attempts to hang on are laughable. As Drudge memorably commented, they disparage him for not being a journalist but consider a "blow-dried gym bunny like Brian Williams" to be a serious newsman because he reads stories off a teleprompter.

#14     Oct 9, 2003