Public Says Investigate Terrorism, Even If It Intrudes on Privacy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wjk, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Which was Bin Laden's intent.

#11     Jun 11, 2013
  2. wjk

wjk

Who will the gov declare to be terrorists? Their political enemies? Saw a touch of that with the tea party.

#12     Jun 11, 2013
  3. wjk

wjk

The latest revelations indicate he and his ilk achieved their goal.

#13     Jun 11, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Good job Mr President!"

#14     Jun 11, 2013
  5. yea i doubt that. His intent was to kill as many as possible and make everyone feel unsafe.

This NSA shit is simply wrong. The govt doesn't belong snooping through people's private conversations and I don't care what they say about just collecting 'meta data' they have access to every email, phone call, web search.. how is that not private and protected by the 4th Amendment? And what''s more, they say it works, but they couldn't catch that tsarnaev fuck, could they.. and he was singled out to them twice, and he had jihadi shit all over his youtube page. What's even worse is our govt/Pres can declare an American citizen an 'enemy combatant' and simply take away an AMERICAN CITIZENS RIGHTS.

Think about it: an individual makes anti establishment remarks, the NSA goes through his private information and finds enough out-of-context dirt on him to make him out to be a terrorist, govt declares him an enemy combatant and detains him/ships him off to gitmo without even a trial. Don't tell me it won't happen, cause no one knows, but it is obviously possible. And just like the IRS it will be abused. OUR govt was not designed to have this kind of authority over our lives, just the fact that it's possible is an abuse of power.

#15     Jun 12, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

No easy answer. Someone with a terror plan is going to be secretive about it, yet naturally we want to catch them before they do harm. So we have to dig. How much is too much? How big is the threat? I don't like this either, but it is apparent that terrorists are still making attempts.

#16     Jun 12, 2013
  7. The govt doesn't have the authority to do THIS. It is private info and protected, people were using phones long before the digital age and the govt needed a warrant to listen in. Now they can go through it at will because they have it stored. FUCK THAT.

If terrorism is such a huge concern that we all have to sacrifice our Rights and way of life, then I would rather prefer we just nuke all the ME. No arabs, no terrorism.. is that reasonable? No of course it isn't because you and those like you aren't really sweating bullets about terrorism, but pushing your 'progressive' agenda at any cost.

BTW here is a really easy answer: Don't let muslims in the country. No, foreigners don't have any rights here and don't have to be treated equally.

#17     Jun 12, 2013
  8. Ricter

Ricter

What about home-grown terrorists? Perhaps you've heard, there's a leftist in every shadow. Lurking. : )

#18     Jun 12, 2013
  9. What about them, we didn't lose any rights because of Tim McVeigh, did we? The boston bomber dbags weren't home grown either, their family was granted political asylum, by the govt.

Here is all you need to know to realize that the govt excuse of terrorism to invade our privacy is bullshit. IF they need special powers to combat muslim terrorists (which they don't), then why wouldn't they push for authority to not allow them into the country and secure our fucking borders, first. How is that not more logical than stripping away the Rights of your own citizens (if the goal was actually to protect US Citizens)?

This admin seems to have no problem infringing on the established rights of the citizens who they are sworn to protect, but at the same time granting rights to foreigners who don't actually have them. Like how they want to close gitmo and give the detainees civilian trials, which they simply aren't entitled to because they are prisoners of war.

#19     Jun 12, 2013
  10. pspr

pspr

You've got that right, Rectum.

Liberals have murdered 50 million Americans since Roe vs. Wade in 1973 and continue murdering over 300,000 every year.

Who needs terrorists when we have you Liberals?

#20     Jun 12, 2013