Public not coming back??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by countrydog2, Feb 4, 2009.

1. dave74

dave74

This is also what Dennis Gartman said. You could be right.

#11     Feb 4, 2009
  2. The public is Tapioca........done!

modern day Rome has had one of it`s legs chopped out from under it........now the printing presses will lean on it collapse it.

#12     Feb 4, 2009
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Valid point on the MBA's on Wall Street! Lol! Why??? Why not a degree called MCS? (Master's of Common Sense.)

Also, to the original poster. I'm a retail Advisor. I'll have to say that I've never seen such a disaster with 401(k)'s! Ever! "Here are your choices of funds Sir/Mam. Yes, we know the funds suck, and since your employer has their qualified plan with us, there's nothing you can do about it. Good luck."

Yes, it will be some time before the dumb money comes back into the markets by majority. When they do, they'll have missed the majority of the gains on the way up, panic and sell when there's a pullback, selling at the low.

Last, as for being an Advisor right now, this is what I would call a great depression for us.

I couldn't imagine being a rookie again, and cold calling people in 2008-2009!!! OUCH!!!! "Stocks???? Well you go and ____, _____, and _____ yourself!!!! Click."

I had a new Broker call me over the weekend, telling me about cold calling. Yes, ouch! However, I did mention to him that people (not you guys on here lol) really are lost in what they should be doing with their $$$$, and with the right approach even a rookie could do well planting seeds in this environment. The average 401(k), IRA investor has no clue, and needs COMPETENT advice. NOT a snake oil product.

#13     Feb 4, 2009
  4. hmm by that logic why isn't the dow still at 50? :p

#14     Feb 4, 2009
  5. alot of algorithmic order flow programs came in todya in many stocks

#15     Feb 4, 2009
  6. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

long term large owners institutional investors move markets not retail investors.

#16     Feb 4, 2009
  7. They all said the same thing in 2001 after the tech bubble burst. They came back. They'll be back in later in the year or next year. Just more cautious and selective.

#17     Feb 4, 2009
  8. Art Cashin said after 30 yrs, everyone forgets.
    And besides, it's always "different this time".:D

#18     Feb 4, 2009
  9. Haha...I was going to say that the public won't be back until the next BULL market is over...

#19     Feb 4, 2009
  10. I fear that they won't be back as well. I'm also scared silly about the death of volatility.

However, Memories are definitely short!!!!!!

I think the true answer is....They will be back again!!

What we need to start asking ourselves is "What will be the next bubble?"

I call the "Green" Bubble. I think people will be back again to invest in the concept of a green future, and as a result we will see a rise in the number of green companies with half-baked ideas. I think it will look like the tech bubble. It could be more or less in severity...who knows. But all this is just speculation....which is My Job! Lol

#20     Feb 4, 2009