Psycology

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Commisso, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey

In a previous message by either Candle, or Commiss, it was stated that a 6 figure income was currently being generated, and working toward a 7 figure annual income.

I am wondering what is stopping you from doing this? I ask myself currently as I believe, possibly, that I may not deserve what I can pull out of the markets.

Does anybody care to share their growth, and periods where they identified this mental conflict. Or have you been through this(these) trials, and worked through them without consciously knowing what it was until later when you heard of such a conflict put into words?

This is pure psychological. Trading mechanics with positive expectancy are already established, and consistent.
    Preferred response from full-time traders with Stock Market capital gains greater than 100k only.(Scared Money meaning no
    other primary source of income)

Thanks,
    Jeffrey

#51     Jan 4, 2002
  2. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Jem,

I assure you that I was not trying to bait anybody..:p

As for the meaningless words from the Lao Tzu;
    It was an attempt to make you undestand that by the very act of focusing our attention on one opposite the other is created... (btw it is pretty amusing that you would call the words of the most translated and published book ever, besides the bible, useless just because you did not understand them)

As for your statement; "I will not accept someone claiming opposites are the same." don't feel bad, until about the turn of the century nobody else in the western world did either, that is until Einstein wrote his relativity theory... :) But in all fairness to the world of physics that was 100 years ago and they have been able to recognize the polar relationships since then...

Jem for me "wins" and "losses" on a micro level are the "same" thing, and that thing is just one step toward exploiting my edge... Think of them not so much as the "same" in the matter in which you understand the word, think of them more of a unity....
    a large and random orgy of wins and losses that makes up my positive expectancy or simply put my edge...

If you cannot see that opposites are abstractions of the mind vs. concete reality than I realy don't know what else to say to you regarding my orignal post...

PEACE and the best of luck to you,
    Commisso

#52     Jan 4, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

Comisso,

I value Eastern philosophy, as far as human beings go. However, the analogies with Physics - in particular your Einstein reference -using it as an analogy to compare with the realm of the human psyche, is well, at best a poor analogy.

Einstein did not prove any such thing that you are saying.

When you say:

"If you cannot see that opposites are abstractions of the mind vs. concete reality than I realy don't know what else to say to you regarding my orignal post... "

this is also incorrect. There is a particle, called the K-meson, that is well known to break the "left-right" symmetry laws. Also, even in simple everyday objects, a magnet clearly displays "polarity."

I value the contributions to this list of Eastern Philosophy, and I value your bringin it forth as it relates to the Human Psyche, but please leave the Physics to the phycisits...

nitro

#53     Jan 4, 2002
  4. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Nitro,

I have no idea what k-meson is so I will even touch that...but as far as the magnet goes...There is a considerble differance between polarity and opposition...polarity suggests a unity...opposition suggests a conflict...which was pretty much my point...if you were to take away the negative charge could the positive one still exist???

I do not pronounce win/loss, right/wrong, and risk/reward to be equal, but at the same time I recognize that all differances and contrasts are relative within an all embracing unity...

As for the relativity/physics/Einstein analogy goes;

It was my understanding that for thousands of years the majority of human beings viewed space and time as two totaly different things...The relativity theory pretty much shattered that illusion by bringing them to a four dimensional plane....no?

The unification of opposite concepts could be found at the sub-atomic level, where particles are both destructible and non-destructible; where matter is both continuous and discontinuous, and force and matter are but two different aspects of the same phenomenon...no? Relativity theory is crucial for the description of this world...no?

but you are right I should leave the physics to the physicists....

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#54     Jan 4, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

Commissso,

"...but as far as the magnet goes...There is a considerble differance between polarity and opposition...

Try taking two magnets, face the ends with opposite charges at each other close, and, well, they oppose each other. But see, that is the whole point, the English language is not the language to discuss matters of science, math is. So please don't come back to me and say something about how this is not "opposition."

"...polarity suggests a unity...opposition suggests a conflict...which was pretty much my point...if you were to take away the negative charge could the positive one still exist???"

Well, it is one of _THE_ outstanding theoretical questions of Physics. The current models predict such a thing, called a magnetic monopole, but no one has seen one...It is a major problem...

"It was my understanding that for thousands of years the majority of human beings viewed space and time as two totaly different things...The relativity theory pretty much shattered that illusion by bringing them to a four dimensional plane....no? "

I could get on to why the analogies between what Einstein is saying and how you are trying to relate it to Eastern Philosophy, but I would have to do it in Englidh, and where in Einstein's equations do you see English and where on Eastern's Philosopers tongue do you see Tensors, and Reimann surfaces, etc...?

nitro

#55     Jan 4, 2002
  6. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Nitro,

I say the - and + are polar and you come back and say you can create a conflict between two -'s on two seperate magnets??? Im not all that educated in the field of physics... sooooo I think it would be best for me to get back to a subject I know about, which is trading....

As far as english not being the language, I totaly agree with you. It is not the language for physics or eastern views, imo...

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#56     Jan 4, 2002
  7. jem

jem

Blue is Red. Black is White. Right is Wrong. Beauty is Ugly. Knowledge is stupidity. up is down. Profits = Loses. Illusions are real, reality is an illusion. It is all a Unity. It is the Way. Now to be enlightened you must understand. One must believe in ones own power and strength.

If you eat from this tree you will have knowledge and you will be like God and surely you will not die.

Just a unity or Just the oldest con.

#57     Jan 4, 2002
  8. Commisso

Commisso Guest

I'd have to say it is just a con:p

good luck to you...

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#58     Jan 4, 2002
  9. Josh_B

Josh_B

It is quite interesting, that the majority of traders are caught in a " death spiral", bad trades, violated rules, that result in negative emotions, that effect proper mindset, that lead to even worst trading, and the whole thing amplifies on it self.

The process may take variable lengths of time. Many blow out, causing great financial harm and even psychological one, sometimes the second been even of worst perceived magnitude than the first.

Some statistics may indicate 80-90% failure rate. etc...

However; we hardly ever hear or read an upwards explosion, a situation where a trader just keeps on doing the right things right, with no end in sight. A case where a trader can do no wrong, no matter what the circumstance. (from hardware/software failure, to rule miss or bending, to "continuously lucky" executions etc..)

Or is there also a great number of these traders out there, but they are just not heard as much?

Josh

#59     Feb 11, 2002
  10. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Josh,

I think the reason that you dont hear about to many upward explosions is because the great traders come to the realization early on that you do not need to make it all in one day... They opt for a steadily rising equity curve vs. the overnight fortune... They pull money consistently week after week, month after month, year after year...

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#60     Feb 11, 2002