Psychology or Psychobabble

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by xianokie, Sep 27, 2002.

1. xianokie

xianokie

Psychology or Psychobabble

With all this poetry, metaphors and touchy feely “garbage” I feel like I need some Primal Scream therapy. Or maybe a big shot of lithium and a hugh jolt of electroshock would hold me over. Next thing you know we will be breaking out the crystals, voodoo dolls, rune stones, numerology charts and tossing chicken bones to help us trade. Maybe if we all pitch in a few bucks we can get Jonathan Edwards to cross over and try to ask Charles Dow what he thinks about this. Or maybe we could get JZ Knight to channel in Munehisa Homma for some advise. Considering she was able to plug into Ramtha, who lived 35,000 years ago Homma would be an cinch. And if all that doesn’t work then maybe we could stop by our local Bodega and pick up some Santeria paraphernalia. Instead of taking the do-it-yourself route we could also try and get one of their priests to head down to the local switching yard and sacrifice some chickens for us. If some of you would spend as much time studying as you do mucking around in your brainpan trying to reach the innermost recess of your minds then you would be in the top 1% of traders in the world. I am in no way saying that the psychology forum has not merit. It has a lot of merit and I was glad to see that its was added. But most of this stuff would make Freud and Jung hurl. If you just have to try and psychoanalyze yourself then by all means get Reality Therapy - A New Approach to Psychiatry by William Glasser, M.D.

As Pogo said “We have met the enemy and he is us!”

PS: Beware the ides of March.

2. I laughed so hard when I read this I almost wet my pants. So I hope this was meant mostly for entertainment and not to be taken too seriously. Thanks :) Carol

3. You better get a new calender!

4. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

LOL!!! You lose money in trading don't you...

Oh.. maybe you make money...

Still, you're laughed at... funny guy... keep posting... I like entertainment in ET.

5. just lie down on my couch "kemosabbi" and tell me all about it..

6. nitro

nitro

You mean that I wasted a perfectly good chicken?

Shit

nitro :mad:

7. I say 'doctor' is der nuthing I can take.

Just put de lime in de coconut and drink it all up. Then call me in da morning, mon.

Do you mean to tell me dat ya haven't been tossing chicken bones, mon. Mon, I toss dem bones 'before' I turn on de bloomberg. :D

8. joeystox

joeystox Guest

chicken...hehehe

9. it's because the ideas can't be expressed in words the trader who refuses to change can understand, so to him it just sounds like babbling.

Sort of like the RSI looks just like a squiggly line to the trader who refuses to learn about it.

A hungry man you feed, to a sick man you offer.

10. xianokie

xianokie

Just so you know the RSI looks move like a swervy line to me than a squiggly one.

You can observe a lot just by watching
    &
    You can hear a lot just by listening
    &
    You can feel a lot just by touching
    &
    You can see a lot just by looking
    &
    You can know a lot just by learning
    &
    You can find a lot just by seeking
    &