Psychology of success

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by oddiduro, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Cheese

Cheese

"Can this person salvage his past relationships." Oddidura, presumably you mean yourself.

No.

Wrong question .. there is no acceptance by others. What a futile quest!

Accept yourself .. most people need to get to that point and don't. Sure we all need social interaction.. but thats it. Its nice; its fickle; its human; don't sacrifice you life to it.

#51     Jan 3, 2004
  2. "Dream and they'll think you're crazy. Succeed and they'll think you're lucky. Acquire wealth and they'll think you're greedy. Do not be swayed by the opinions of others. Pay no attention, they simply do not understand." Robert G Allen (real estate investor)

I guess my advice would be not to take these sort of losses so personally. What actually seems as a loss, is actually a gain... finding out who your true friends are. Part of the learning process is learning to deal with these sorts of "haters" in life. Robert G Allen says it well, "pay no attention, they simply do not understand." Best wishes.

Andy

#52     Jan 3, 2004
  3. interesting perspective... I never thought of it that way. I see a lot of truth in that statement.

Andy

#53     Jan 3, 2004

4. well said, robert allen. now if i can only get my capital back from following your book and buying no money down real estate in college, you will be back on my good list. LOL !

best,

surfer

#54     Jan 3, 2004
  5. Best post in thread so far. I fully agree!

Change isn't so much other people. It's more about yourself. Don't underestimate the power of body language and the tendency of people to interpret confidence as arrogance. It's easy to brag with your new sports car. But if you have the right attitude, people will love you. Take them for a ride and share your joys. It doesn't all have to be a matter or "yours or mine". You can always make people feel good and happy. Deep down, everybody just wants to be happy. If you can do that, you don't worry about little things like net worth. You won't have to give away money etc, either. Just give away some of your joy!

Myself, I've gone through lots of change. I have moved to a fine location 2-storey city-apartment with sea view. I have bought myself a very fast and shiny car with alloy wheels the price of my old car. I have a decent collection of jewellery, gem stones and precious metals, I have bought some very nice art, and I've got some nice other things. I love helicopters, so I'm planning on buying one. Why would that affect my relationships? My friends remain my friends, my relatives the same. My parents are happy for me, I see no envies. I don't normally tell friends what I have, and particularly not girls. If they find out one way or another - fine. Am I in a wonder family, with wonder friends? No! I just didn't allow change to happen just because of a number in a bank account. I suppose my attitude hasn't changed that much after all. I may be arrogant now, but I was always arrogant anyway - LOL

The people you truly love and value shouldn't be alienated by something as insignificant as wealth. If they are, then you should ask yourself first what it could be that's changed. Looking for the reason of change in yourself first is one of the greatest virtues of wise men.

To me, the most important thing is love, friendship and having fun. Enjoying life. Enjoying the moment.

Wealth is just secondary to life. Remember what Monty Python said in "The Life of Brian"?

[​IMG][​IMG]

"I mean, what you got to lose? You come from nothing, you go back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!" :D

Life's a piece of shit
    When you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
    You'll see it's all a show
    Keep them laughing as you go
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you

And
    Always look on the bright side of life
    Always look on the right side of life...

#55     Jan 3, 2004
  6. It appears that the traders here have split down two camps. One says "It's your fault, not theirs" for the mistreatment.

The others says, "fukk em', the masses are asses"

There seems to be no consensus, but there a LOT of good points on both sides.

harrytrader, do you REALLY think that traders are leeches:eek:

Scientist, I think that Aussies are a lot different than Americans. Class envy is a way of life in the states. It is literally unavoidable.

My personal opinion is in the can't change others, only change yourself camp......so fukk em':D

Regards
    Oddi

#56     Jan 4, 2004
  7. Two different camps indeed. Namely "The blamer" and "The observer". I disagree with "masses are asses", simply because all of us are part of the masses. If you think you're "unique", thus "better than them" - Well you see, that's exactly the reason why they don't like you - which you then, in return, blame them for! Are you getting my point here?

LOL oddi - I wish so. It used to be like that a long time ago, but it's all just fake now. Class envy has permeated itself into almost every Aussie's life. I just see no point in it myself, because if you're prone to it, you'll simply never be happy, because there'll always be people "above you". How can you find happiness envying others all your life? Everybody's got all the resources they need. The great challenge is to be happy with them. It's a far greater challenge than just accumulating more money. That's why most people don't go that way.

Haha ... That's one way of putting it. I suspect you're the 'friend' you're talking about in this thread. Take it easy man, and take some surprise time for your old friends today or tomorrow! You see, ya'll never know when you'll need 'em...

#57     Jan 4, 2004
  8. I am not in any one of these camps. It's nobody's fault. People can just be ignorant.

Best,

#58     Jan 4, 2004
  9. Nah, close, but no cigar. My system is a grinder, so it needs a strong capital base to make a lot of money. It can only make about 30% a year or so. I do know some millionaires, and they are constantly giving advice. Some of it is very cynical, and I have floated this trial ballon to see what the "upwardly mobile" masses think.

Maybe I'll get lucky and have some of these problems soon.

I will buy my girl a Lexus when I can:D :D :D

Regards
    Oddi

#59     Jan 4, 2004
  10. And this: those who are winners in this suck game will publicize to others; that's how the rabbits multiply but the majority of rabbits will get killed at the end. Do you see the "devaluation" of the dollar in the virtual game ? Can make the link with reality...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13378

#60     Jan 5, 2004