Psychology of success

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by oddiduro, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Yep. I think his mistake was that he assumed that his friends would be happy for him, and he revealed far too much.

#21     Jan 1, 2004
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Agreed that the topic seems silly - obviously more money eliminates problems, right? This person's story and other threads suggest other problems arise.

#22     Jan 1, 2004

3. the more money you have, the more problems and issues you have. that is fact. wonder who has more worries, the skid row bum or donald trump ?? anyone who does not realize this, simply does not understand the issues that arise with wealth.

best,

surfer :)

#23     Jan 1, 2004
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Your friend may be in a discovery mode that will benefit him in the long run. I went through a discovery period like that about 15 years ago. I learned that about 30% to 70% of the people around me were out of control little pieces of shit (OOCLPOS) most of the time. I learned how to become an OOCLPOS when I wanted to, I figured most people would accept it because of all the others around me. Ya know what?? You can get away with about anything if you want to and the best part of it is that you will have no problem saying no when an OOCLPOS bothers you or asks you for something or does something outrageous and harmful to you. I'm backed up with pepper spray and Karate for the beggars in the parking lots, but I have pulled some serious OOCLPOS shit on people I see every day because I recognized the OOCLPOS in them and I am in touch with my inner OOCLPOS. Your friend is merely going through a growth period that he will look back on with warm feelings some day.

Happy New Years (to your friend too)

:D

#24     Jan 1, 2004
  5. A healthy attitude of humility balanced equally well with a healthy attitude of self confidence usually works about as well as anything could.

Maintaining this is not always easy, but neither is trading. (practice makes better)

In contrast, egomania balanced with an inferiority complex at the very least, might ward off boredom. :D

#25     Jan 1, 2004
  6. Listen carefully, I am going to say this only once ;-)

It's not the other people who have changed, it's the main character him/herself!

Because your personal situation changed, you are pretending that other people are looking at you with envy or whatever. If someone looks weird at you, he might envy you, or he might just have swallowed something very unsettling, or who knows? You are now (in your arrogant little mind!) assigning meanings to other peoples' peculiarities.

If you want to keep your current friends, take the occasional (well meant I am sure) stabs in confidence that you are still the same person, with an interesting career.

Good luck! and take it easy

#26     Jan 1, 2004
  7. Surf, I have to strongly disagree with you here.
    The fact is, life is a struggle for everyone, for Donald trump, and the skid row bum.
    Each one awakes each morning, and takes on the day, the best they can, with the tools available to them.
    Their struggles are different, but the amount of work each one needs to do, to keep their perceived goals intact are the same.
    The money makes no difference

PS. I assumed you equated "wealth" as money

#27     Jan 1, 2004

8. hi,

yes, i absolutely agree with you. my comments were in the spirit of addressing those who think more money will solve all problems, when quite the opposite is true.

best,

surfer

#28     Jan 1, 2004
  9. Pabst

Pabst

Oh Gann, you're always throwing around that psyco-babble.:D

#29     Jan 1, 2004
  10. Actually, it's very simple...

Though, there are variations, most people have the same problems: Money, Health, Gender, Family, etc. etc.... Once you get one of them resolved it enables you to shift your concentration to other problems in a greater degree.

It's actually funny how human nature, in a sense, seeks a problem, no matter what. One resolves, down to the next and to the next and so forth regardless of it really being one.

#30     Jan 1, 2004