psychological disorders in trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Lights, Jun 25, 2006.

1. eco

eco

Two little girls holding hands in the school yard.

Claiming the others are the bad girls while they support each others fragile egos.

Echo out :)

#31     Jun 29, 2006
  2. Nine posts and your an expert.

What are we supposed to think about you since you don't even exist?

Why should anyone here pay attention to your crappy comments?

I am sure you have heard this before, but so far the concensus is that you are full of shit.

After all, isnt that the real reason you are using this alias.

If folks really knew your handle, they'd probably just ignore you.

I think this is the only way you can get us to take notice of your insignificant little personality.

I hope you keep right on digging this hole with your lame comments. Pretty soon it will be impossible for you to climb out.

Let me hand you a bigger shovel, Oh and here's a lantern. :)

Steve

#32     Jun 29, 2006
  3. eco

eco

And the little girls can't stop. Chatter Chatter Chatter.

I'll leave you to your little self admiration clique.

Ciao Bella :)

#33     Jun 29, 2006
  4. My analyses of "rockets" and the "P,V Boolean relation" will be helpful to anyone with a brain who's thinking about burning a year studying the Jack Hershey Method, because a word to the wise is sufficient. Which obviously doesn't apply to you. So how did Jack demonstrate his competence? By coming in last in a trading contest with -24%?

#34     Jun 30, 2006
  5. You have 1801 posts and become more of a fool with each one, so I don't think there's a correlation.

#35     Jun 30, 2006
  6. i dont understand...

granted, i've only been a member for eight months, and i dont post a lot, but im always lurking, and i have noticed that these types of comments are all over. is there some sort of weird, indistinguishable hatred constantly in the air?

so far, i have seen only quality posts from steve (but i havent read them all and im not trying to generalize), yet the mockery ensues. the guess is that there have been opposing views present in the past, but i dont understand the need for such a comment. im not judging you, im only curious to the thought process behind it all..

jon

#36     Jun 30, 2006
  7. Jon:

What happens is outlined in my earlier post. Some of us come here to learn and to help others, some to scam and to "get over" on others.

If you observe as you say you have, surely you have seen posts where people claim to be winning traders, and the truth is they don't even trade. Those of us who do, can see this. Eventually is gets to be a little to much.

Then there are the scam artists who want to sell you a system, an advisory, a book, a piece of software or something that will make you money. Again we have seen this often at ET. Eventually this too gets to be a little much

Some of us get to the point where we just aren't willing to put up with it. Those who have invested their identities in a fantasy world are not willing to just give it up. They fight like mad, trying to convince everyone that they are the "real thing". In order to convince the newbies and the naive, they establish fake handles and have conversations with themselves.

What more can one say. I for one, have had enough.

Thats it.

Steve

#37     Jun 30, 2006
  8. regulajo

regulajo

Steve,

I have only posted a couple of times and have only been a member of ET for a short while. Most of my time with ET is spent reading posts to learn, learning charts and watching the markets to learn even more.

If you're last post is to say you're done posting on ET, I'm sorry to hear that. I have enjoyed your professional comments as well as a number of other ET members who obviously carry themselves in a mature, professional manner. You guys are the ones who help us newbies, that are truly serious about the profession of trading, someday get to where you are.

The rest of the comments are either not read or go out with the garbage. It's usually quite obvious who's only here to cause trouble.

Thanks,
    Steve

#38     Jun 30, 2006
  9. Thanx, no I did not mean to say I am done posting

If you are interested in learning I would say this is not a bad place providing you keep a healthy skepticism about you.

In addition it is important to learn to evaluate concepts critically.

and finally it is quite important to learn how to test and research, so that you can separate the frivolous claims and scams from the facts.

If you keep these things in mind as you go about your business (and you are persistent) you have a good chance of realizing your goals.

Good luck
    Steve

#39     Jun 30, 2006
  10. eco

eco

Little girls in schoolyards do this too. Threaten to take their dolls away ... and then back they come.

FWIW I think we have demonstrated one of the key psychopathologies of ET ... the big ego "traders" and their bands of sycophants. Steve is a clear example following the less wordy path of dbphoenix and the more gentlemanly path of Jack.

So having demonstrated this its time to leave the schoolyard. Cheers girls :)

#40     Jun 30, 2006