psychological disorders in trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Lights, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Are you talking about bubba7/jack hershey/grob109 and the dream team?

#21     Jun 29, 2006
  2. Well if you are stupid enough to quote that, you should die by the same sword right?

When asked, Jack is able to demonstrate competence. His method of expression is hard to understand granted. You on the other hand demonstrate nothing. You make no attempt to help folks, you display no understanding of any market process, You show us no understanding of any concept that we can make use of...nothing of interest to anyone here. Instead you demonstrate the pathological need to get your ass kicked on the internet in front of quite a few people, and you do that with regularity.

Yes I was talking about everyone

Steve

#22     Jun 29, 2006
  3. eco

eco

This will happen if your roll is to be Steve's flower pussy :)

Perhaps you should focus on learning to trade instead of the puerile personal attacks. Your ego seems to be as problematic as Steves? Reread my post - I didn't attack Steve (but yes I am attacking you) - I simply pointed out that Steve's eloquent post was not as he suggested, an attempt to be helpful.

#23     Jun 29, 2006
  4. This is your post bud:

"Eloquent, but if you look deeply into yourself you might find that you are not telling the truth. If you are then you may need to try an approach thats more helpful and less satisfying to your own ego."

Okay, lets deconstruct this. You talk about speaking the truth, no? What exactly in steve's post strikes you as a lie? I'm fairly observant and can spot out BS right away - I see nothing suggesting what you've suggested, rather I see someone who has 6 posts here, and, without thought or reason makes a condescending reply. Then you go on to speak of ego stroking - what about his post is ego stroking? The fact that he speaks his mind and speaks from personal experience? Does his "matter of fact" tone bother you? Or maybe you just have an axe to grind with confident people because you possess some deep seated insecurities (I'm now convinced this is case BTW based on your reply to me).

Okay now your reply to me. Would like to see my P/L for today? Yeah, I kept trying to short and got stopped out twice with breakeven and once with a loss - so what? I get stopped out many times in any given day. Eventually, I got the directional signal I need prior to the FED and made some good money. Thats just my futs trades. I took several stock positions as well that ran UP all day. Today was actually a great day for me so f--k off. I didin't bring anything trading related into my criticism of your reply, rather, I poked at your ego and you then proceeded to attack my trading habits (which I am very forthcoming with BTW - no insecurities here). Pretty much the reply I was expecting you jackass.

#24     Jun 29, 2006
  5. eco

eco

LOL, nasty little girl aren't you. You're just Steve's Pussy :)

Two inflated egos who think everyone else on the board is the problem?

#25     Jun 29, 2006
  6. "LOL, nasty little girl aren't you."

You got the wrong website pal. Haven't you seen those dateline specials? The FBI sets up stings for guys like you.

"You're just Steve's Pussy :)"

Really? I haven't mentioned it once. You've mentioned it twice. Just out of curiosity... do your friends call you "metro" or are you outwardly flaming?

"Two inflated egos who think everyone else on the board is the problem? "

Weak. C'mon, you can do better than that!

LOL, I haven't had this much fun in a while...

#26     Jun 29, 2006
  7. here´s a psych disorder... the tendency to pick fights with strangers in the middle of virtual conversations... aka flame...

#27     Jun 29, 2006
  8. eco

eco

Yes. Funny isn't it. I think Mike suffers Steve envy and we see its manifestation in his oversensitivity to my comment on Steve's attack on half of the rest of the board (which was framed as "helpful", LMAO). Mike, you're not half the writer Steve is but you've got the bigger ego problems. So perhaps you can feel better about that?

Echo, out :D :p :D

#28     Jun 29, 2006
  9. That post of yours that I object to SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - that's the problem. You are part of the problem.

Rather than point out something tangible and argue AN IDEA (wow what a thought), you just came up with a condescending REACTION.

So how about it? Tell me something of value.. point out what it is you disagree with. I've heard nothing from you but reactionary statements that allude to an opinion without any basis.

Mike

BTW, keep the personal shots coming, maybe you'll add value to your current persona via more lame comebacks.

#29     Jun 29, 2006
  10. Wow

That was great example of what happens when a fantasy person's reality is challenged. They fight to the death man. Deny, deny, deny.

You see the alternative is to have to face up to the fact that reality (their reality) sucks. In fact, it sucks so bad that the only way to handle it now is to "pretend" it doesn't exist.

This place (ET) is probably the only place they can have an acceptable experience of life. Since no one really knows them (knows the truth about them) for the moment (until now that is) they were safe.

Then I show up....Then you guys show up....and boom you can see what happens.

Has anyone guessed who that really was? :D

Look, this was a comment meant to illuminate a condition that exists not just here, but everywhere on the internet. That is why internet dating doesnt work, and why folks have trouble holding relationships together. It takes guts to look a person in the eye and admit the truth about yourself. Takes a lot of character to forgive. Not just to forgive your wife, your girlfriend, etc, but to forgive yourself and move forward. I am probably going to far down the road here, but thats the way I see it.

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Steve

#30     Jun 29, 2006