Psycho Cybernetics, Maxwell Maltz

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Dominic, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Don't know if this is NLP but damn good book for dealing with people in a sales situation.
    http://www.amazon.com/Power-Persuas...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269196772&sr=1-2

#31     Mar 21, 2010
  2. I read Psycho-Cybernetics several years ago, and I just finished reading it again. It really is a worthwhile read.

As for the folks who advocated NLP:

[​IMG]

:D

• nlp.jpg
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
    #32     Apr 21, 2010
  3. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

bandler was "popular" in a sense, but from what i've been told he was never "prominent" or respected in the psychological community. his research was primarily based on case studies and anecdotal reports, it is my understanding that no empirical validation exists for NLP. however, i'm not saying it doesn't work.....

personally, NLP has been somewhat beneficial for me, but only to a rather limited degree. i have found other things that are better...or at least in addition to NLP.

there are lots of people running around with NLP certs claiming all sorts of things.....its a buyer beware market for sure.

bottom line as far as i'm concerned....imo, if your trading is suffering due to a psychology or discipline issue....you're gonna need more than NLP.

#33     Apr 23, 2010
  4. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

forgot to mention that Maltz is good, i use related things.......but again, if you have discipline issues chances are you need more than positive thinking.

#34     Apr 23, 2010