Psycho Cybernetics, Maxwell Maltz

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Dominic, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Please provide objective feedback after listening.

#21     Mar 12, 2010
  2. Will do

#22     Mar 12, 2010
  3. jonathan8

jonathan8

sounds like a good read, I might give it shot. I am currently reading "Rework" the book is split up into extremely short chapters, each with title that, in itself, contains great advice about business, product development, and mentality.

#23     Mar 13, 2010
  4. wata

wata

#24     Mar 13, 2010
  5. Hands down, the best book I have EVER read. After 21 days my life was changed. My self image was horrible after a run in with the law but now I realize why my thought patterns took the path that they did. We are all wired for success, the critic within robs us of this truth.

#25     Mar 13, 2010
  6. Are you referring to Psycho-Cybernetics?, or the one by Furey?

#26     Mar 13, 2010
  7. #27     Mar 14, 2010
  8. I'm trying to remember who wrote a book (probably early 1960's with the theme 'a map is not the same as the thing it represents'. )

#28     Mar 19, 2010
  9. John Magee - General Semantics of Wall Street

First edition came out in the late '50s, I believe.

Don't ask me how I know that cuz I don't know.

#29     Mar 19, 2010
  10. hughb

hughb

I have the abridged version on audio cassette from Audio Renaissance in 1988. It contains not only text from the book, but recordings of Maltz in his seminars. The things I liked most about it was how compassionate and understanding Dr. Maltz sounded. I haven't listened to it in years, but I'll give it another listen some time soon.

RE: NLP mentioned earlier in this thread; I have not found any practical use for it. I've read and listened to many books and tapes about it and while it works very well at getting me to pucker up and salivate while imagining myself biting into a lemon, it offers no help whatsoever in stock selection :p I would also imagine the techniques it used for curing phobias work well considering how much time is spent on that subject. Again, since I have no phobias, I still found no value in it.

#30     Mar 21, 2010