Psycho Cybernetics, Maxwell Maltz

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Dominic, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Have you read the one Furey sells, what did you think of it?
    I've read the original and have recommended it to others but I've been told it was hard to read.

#11     Mar 10, 2010
  2. Maltz language could be considered a bit 'old style' for our days , at the same time Furey revision is about 20/30% with newer examples and situations. I would suggest to read both; consider the former as the 'purest' form and the latter as a 'rich' release. If you like Furey , you may consider his ZRL course.

#12     Mar 11, 2010
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for suggestion. I will get this book as well, what I did not like though is sales pitch on his website. It looks too cheesy and fake.

Regards,
    redduke

#13     Mar 11, 2010
  4. #14     Mar 11, 2010
  5. Let us know how the two versions compare. I'm a huge fan of the origional book.

#15     Mar 11, 2010
  6. I absolutely agree about all Furey web sites.

Regards,
    Bernard

#16     Mar 12, 2010
  7. #17     Mar 12, 2010
  8. Wasn't Bandler though a prominent accepted psychologist? I mean, didn't this guy do research so at least there might be something to what he says?

#18     Mar 12, 2010
  9. I am glad I this thread came up.I'll Dust off Maltz and give him another look. I bought it several years ago and brushed it off as anecdotal stories of a plastic surgeon. By that time I was already very familiar with NLP and hypnosis.

Yes if you look up Bandler he was studying Psych at that time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Bandler

#19     Mar 12, 2010
  10. I decided to purchase the audio CD for a 5 hr. vacation drive to Hilton Head, SC coming up soon. It'll compliment nicely some discussions I've been having with my teenage son. A real winner with the wife too, since she's got a phd in psych. :D

#20     Mar 12, 2010