Psycho consistency

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cpo, Sep 26, 2002.

1. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

That's good stuff my friend.

#11     Sep 28, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

#12     Sep 28, 2002
  3. VERY Why you don't like his work?

Hey whatever floats your boat or finds your lost remote Cesko!

PEACE

#13     Sep 28, 2002

4. Trusting, thereby putting a trader into a position of being vulnerable, often leads to distrust. Not as a result of the market’s actions, but rather as a result of the trader’s perception of the markets he is trading. Trading from the perspective of trusting yourself is a beginning. But how is it a trader does not trust the market that supports him? The drama a trader experiences in the market is not contrived by the market but rather the trader’s illusion of a potential violation of trust by association with the market. The trader who chooses to experience a trial by “The Here And Now” will be, in the name of trust, exonerated by not only trusting in themselves but also in the markets by which they trade. Trading in the moment is all well and good. Knowing that you can trust yourself in that moment is even better. Trust is the force that pushes the trader beyond their fears.
    So here is a question.... “How does the trader who lays claim to having “Trust” in himself, whilst regarding the markets as “Capable Of Anything”, truly have the ability to close the circle of trust between himself and the provider of “Pure Information” outside himself?”

#14     Sep 29, 2002
  5. cpo

cpo Guest

I guess that, to close the circle, he has to focus on the now moment, in the sense that he actually has nothing else other than the information he knows now.

If he is either on a loser or on a winner, he just has the information that is available, as dictated by what's happening now.

With good wishes, Rogue, in your quest for knowledge.

cpo

#15     Sep 29, 2002
  6. birddog

birddog

Mood has a lot to do with trading. I find that it is the losing trades that stress me out so If I get out of those quickly then the mood stays good and trading is usually good.

If however something ticks against me fast and I lose more than I should on the trade then I am more liable to get "pissed off".

Experience has shown me that when I feel this way, the best thing to do is get the hell away from an order entry screen - which is what I do.

Some days you feel in the zone and you can do no wrong. Other days some little things upsets your mood and you can't trade anymore (sometimes it is lack of food, sleep or plain old fatigue).

The best traders eat well, sleep well and have their emotions in check (easier said than done - at least for me).

#16     Sep 29, 2002
  7. Cesko

Cesko

Not that I don't like his work, I just think there are better sources. Just think of two: Hubert Benoit (Zen), Mircea Eliade(Yoga) for example. Also, I have a rule not to read any popular authors. As long as masses like it, it's not for me.( Treasures are always hidden).
    Considering Benoit's "Zen and the Psychology of Transformation", if you understand this book, it's as far as you can get to understand Zen ( anything else) intellectually, to go further you need to practise.

#17     Sep 30, 2002
  8. Well Cesko I do not try to understand Zen in an intellectual way. I want my authors on the subject to open doors. Nothing more and nothing less. As for practice -- trading serves that purpose for me...

"Treasure are always hidden" :confused: Sorry but how can anyone who embraces Zen make such a comment. Affriming that -- denies that there are treasures to be found in the "popular" realm.

Poe is pretty dam popular and no author I have read can even hold a candle to how eerily disturbed his words can make me.

Kubrik is pretty dam popular and no-one can put our condition on display in such a genuine and artful way.

Miles Davis is pretty damn popular and I have never heard sweeter sounds come from a horn.

Sometimes people are popular for good reason, sometimes not... At any rate I do not seek something because it is popular or un-popular, the entire notion seems absurd to me...

Anyway Cesko like I said earlier buddy -- whatever floats your boat or finds your lost remote :)

BTW; I just checked the Benoit book out on Amazon and it looks like a solid read -- thanks for the tip! :)

PEACE ----> Commisso

#18     Sep 30, 2002
  9. maybe you should take up knitting

#19     Sep 30, 2002
  10. your serious?

#20     Sep 30, 2002