PS/2 vs. USB mice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chisel, Jan 30, 2004.

1. chisel

chisel

Is there a difference in speed that I should be concerned about for trading? I'm using a PS/2 mouse now, but I'm willing to switch if a USB mouse is faster.

Does the PS/2 port have priority over the USB?

Thanks for any thoughts.

2. Faster? Have you noticed any lag with the PS/2 mouse? :confused:

3. chisel

chisel

No...what I meant to say was is there a difference in speed in terms of milliseconds. A few here and there add up. I'm just curious.

4. My USB mouse is pretty fast.
    Only problem with it is that they really EAT batteries!

:eek:

5. rwk

rwk

USB can sometimes be hard to configure. You may need to load a driver, but that can be hard to do with no mouse support. UGH! My mouse is supposed to work as both PS2 and USB, but I never could get it to work as USB. It's cordless, and it too eats batteries. My next mouse will be rechargeable.

6. Momento

Momento

It only took me one incident to not use a wireless mouse anymore. It happens to run out of battery just when you need it the most.
    Rechargeable ones are a good idea, but still I think a USB optical has less room for error, hence more reliable.

7. Kernol

Kernol

usb devices are usually pretty nice, but when you have a problem and end up booting up into safe mode the usb mouse may not work. hate to have a new problem on top of an old one.

8. You can plug in your PS2 mouse at the same time as your USB. The will both work. You can use that if/when something goes wrong with wireless mouse. Fastest mouse I have is the Ultra mouse from Gyrations. Rechargable. No comparison between it and PS2 and other optical mouse I have.