Prudent Risk Management Is The Only True Edge In TRADING

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by Buy1Sell2, Jul 6, 2015.

Is Prudent Risk Management the only true edge in trading?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. No

124 vote(s)
    70.1%
  1. ironchef

ironchef

Welcome back and as usual, consistent in your message.

#741     Aug 21, 2019
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

BELIEVING in yourself that you can reach financial freedom is THE only true edge in trading.
    THE BASIS IS DREAM, AND THE ULTIMATE IS DREAM.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    #742     Aug 21, 2019
  3. The market is becoming more unpredictable day by day, surely risk management is very important. I won’t say that its the only thing that gives you an edge in trading, but yes one of the most important ones.

#743     Aug 29, 2019
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

The only true edge to flying is to be lighter than air. Oh wait...

#744     Aug 29, 2019
  5. volpri

volpri

If you are taking low risk..low probability..high reward trades. You gonna miss most and hit a big one once in a while. If that is what you like doing then that is the style for you. It is one way to trade but certainly NOT the ONLY successful way to trade. You can call it PRM but PRM is an independent factor that can and should apply to any style or strategy of trading and not to just a low win rate, small risk, low probability, big reward style. I prefer high probability, larger risk, smaller reward strategies and make more $ by size. PRM is also an integral element in this strategy. My style produces high win rate which I LIKE. In my style high win rate is the most important metric.

While the former style is waiting around for a successful trade to happen I am doing one after the other in rapid sequence and making money on size with the potential of many times over in profits of a buy and hold... let a let your winners run trader. Hurst discussed the whole matter in his book.

I actually do the opposite. I add to my losers. Just a different style. Suits me.

#745     Aug 29, 2019
    Flynrider and BONECRUSHER like this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

It doesn't just give you the edge---It IS the edge.

#746     Aug 30, 2019
    jack wilson likes this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

We laughed at @Buy1Sell2 for saying Risk Management Is The Only True Edge. Now I understand what he was talking about, I need to reread his thread on risk management.

#747     Apr 28, 2020
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  8. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

D2880B9A-F0B0-4F0B-B6BD-AB399E52DA37.jpeg

#748     Apr 28, 2020
    d08 likes this.

9. B1S2 is the clown who has lost >700 ES points/lot since his journal began. Same guy who ignores a trade after it's gone 2-300 points against him. Edge?

#749     Apr 28, 2020
  10. volpri

volpri

Did he go broke?

#750     Apr 28, 2020
    Picaso likes this.