Prudent Risk Management Is The Only True Edge In TRADING

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by Buy1Sell2, Jul 6, 2015.

Is Prudent Risk Management the only true edge in trading?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. No

124 vote(s)
    70.1%
  1. MrScalper

MrScalper

TA, PA and FA are flawed, meaning that any person who will try and make money by using just these things will fail dismally, which of course is a fact that most are aware of.

However, depending on your circumstances and your chosen market/instrument/time-frame, they should not be ignored. Here is a typical example. The US market opens at 09:30 and the ES will exhibit certain volatility in the first 30 min. Depending on what "news" is about can affect the level of volatility, but, the volatility during this time-frame is usually different to other times. This means that there is a difference, and a difference is not to be confused with a pattern. So, the text book trader will look for patterns, whereas the person who knows they do not know will look for a difference. The difference can make all the difference between making and losing money during this time-frame.

As I said, you are just there, just watch the wording, as prudent risk management is not an edge, it is a fundamental requirement, and there is a BIG difference.

#391     Dec 5, 2016
    dartmus and profitlocker like this.
  2. algofy

algofy

None of this makes any sense. ZERO

And nice assertion that price action, technical analysis, AND fund analysis all don't work. Have to laugh I've never seen this statement. THE SKY IS FALLLING NOTHING WORKS.

#392     Dec 5, 2016
  3. Thank you. It is great to see another "real" market player on this site. Welcome!

#393     Dec 5, 2016
  4. It only doesn't make sense if you have no real experience in the markets. Scalper is 100% correct, I would reccomend listening to him rather than acting like an expert in a field where your own words reveal you clearly a noob.

Hamp

#394     Dec 5, 2016
  5. algofy

algofy

You have no idea my experience. You are clearly surf reincarnate.

#395     Dec 5, 2016
  6. algofy

algofy

:vomit:

#396     Dec 5, 2016
  7. I wouldn't know your experience or lack of same unless your revealed it yourself, your own words make it clear you either lack experience, or are a life time loser in the financial markets. I hope its the lack of experience, life time losers make me sad.

I use to like to surf. But I am a very old man, way too old for young people sports like surfing- can't risk getting hurt at my old age.

Hamp

#397     Dec 5, 2016
  8. algofy

algofy

Which words show that to you?

#398     Dec 5, 2016
  9. See above.

Hamp

#399     Dec 5, 2016
  10. algofy

algofy

Doesn't make sense, what posts of mine give you that impression?

#400     Dec 5, 2016