Proving that a Variant Perception Strategy Works...

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by NoiseTrader, Sep 11, 2006.

1. I think it would be very beneficial for your business if you showed 1-5 years of certified, audited trades on just the s&p 500, especially with such an innovative, powerful system. The rate of return is what lures customers in. Just trying to help.

I'm open to new ideas, but it better yield more than what I've come up with or I won't waste much time on it.

Sounds like you've just started the business and it would be difficult to have much of a track record though. Still would be nice to see some numbers even if they were not certified.

#11     Sep 11, 2006
  2. Asness' methods are not so obvious, from what I know.

#12     Sep 11, 2006
  3. Hey Fight:

I don't' like nor do I use mechanical trading systems, what I do is isolate techncial events in a market that betray a high level of variant perception and a lot of fellow traders use my analysis (as I do) to enhance their risk-reward and win-ratios.

So, if you take your current methods (whatever they may be) and APPLY them in the specific market contexts -- which I'll flag going forward in a one-year period as exceptional trading opportunities -- I'm 99% confident that subset of trades WILL outperform your existing trades.

On the other hand, if you are in that 1% group, using my analysis as a filter or adjunct may not improve your margins.

Good trading...

#13     Sep 11, 2006
  4. geringer

geringer

Noise,

I enjoyed reading the Noise Trader Manifesto and the recent blog posts.

As someone who frequently find himself in the "Lost" tribe,
    I especially liked this idea:

"...what is obvious (easy to notice, easy to read) in a market, is
    often unreliable and dangerous".

Steve

=========================
    http://www.TradePerformance.com

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn"
    George Santayana

#14     Sep 12, 2006
  5. waxwing

waxwing