Proving a track record?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mauzj, Jul 17, 2007.

1. mauzj

mauzj

I think that the bull market hasn't really affected me that much to be honest. I make the most cash on days when when the markets fall, and smaller but steadier bits of cash when markets rise. I generally lose cash when companies make unexpected announcements that have big impacts on their share price, but am usually lucky enough to avoid those bad days.

#11     Jul 18, 2007
  2. Simply put you are an event trader. Nothing wrong with that, but either you need to work harder researching more events or start branching out to greater and more diverse trading. You will be in trouble when the M&A activity decreases or the market turns. Right now it's kinda hard to throw money at a deal and lose.

My comments are still the same. What makes you feel you will be so secure in a "job" if the market turns? Your only security in this new day and age is constant learning and adaptability. Reporting to a cubicle will only spawn dependence. I'd rather invest in myself and reap the greater rewards of independence. You are insecure, so you seek security. Ultimately the only security we have lies within that which we create for ourselves.

Good Luck!

#12     Jul 19, 2007
  3. writers and artists always take evidences from every job. It is called a "portfolio."

Surely if you have an internal track record, you have ways of generating reports or doing a dump of the information related to your own track record as compared to others, etc. You can save them as MS Word, PDFs, whatever the formats allowed. Save the files also, they may add credence. The prettier or more coroporate looking the copies. the better. Especially if they include the corporate "letterhead" and/or look & feel.

Get a couple of your friends there as references that can be called at work.

Print out reports of everything and take it to your interviews

#13     Jul 19, 2007