Providing Tomorrow's Price Targets

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Dave at NextDay, Apr 20, 2010.

1. schizo

Normally I'm dealing with the cash S&P so I'll give you what I'm seeing relative to those numbers. My mid upper, what I usually refer to as my "most probable", is 13.68 today, and that was hit during the overnight. Right now the June contract is trading about 3.5 pts below cash. I've stated that these are numbers that are independent of prior S/R levels, and that's true, but once they're hit, I do in fact include them as current SR's, and that happened for the 13.68 just before 2 a.m. ET. We'll know more at the open, but right now the relevant levels are the 1213.68, 1208.84, & 1202.08. Remember to take a look at the spread between cash and the June after the open to equate the targets. All for now. Good luck & good trading.

#11     Apr 21, 2010
  2. schizo

schizo

Thanks. I also prefer ES over SPY. I merely mentioned it since you expressed your interest in ETFs. Please drop SPY and continue with ES.

BTW I would be interested in seeing what the magic numbers are for CL (crude oil) as well.

#12     Apr 21, 2010
  3. I'd like to vote for SPY continuing simultaneous to the ES addition. It's relevant to my interests.

#13     Apr 21, 2010
  4. I'll not be posting here after today. I'm switching to the Journal forum under Trading for a Living. I have a website on which I'll be posting the daily numbers, but I've got to make changes on it over the next week so that it's a permanent free site. I've got some discussions that have to happen before I can make that change. For today the SPY numbers are: 121.78, 121.28, 120.79, 120.67, 120.17, 119.68. The cash S&P: 1223.95, 1216.98, 1210.00, 1206.93, 1199.95 & 1192.98. The overnight ES hit the 1206.93 cash equivalent at 4:26 ET this morning. The premarket (it's currently 6:30 ET) is looking iffy, so as of now the 3 lower targets are more relevant today. You can throw the 1210.00 in there also, if the market looks like it can pick up any strength; won't know until the open. Have a great trading day.

#14     Apr 22, 2010
  5. Crude is much more erratic, even moreso than currencies. I have an underlying valuation study that, when used in combination with the targets, is pretty effective, but you have to be watching it live, and I'm not prepared to provide that quite yet. I'm negotiating to make that a free site but have to have some discussions first over the next week; will keep you posted. In meantime, for today, crude's numbers are: 84.95,84.63, 84.30, 83.27, 82.95 & 82.63. Overnite tonight it almost made it to the 84.30 level and smacked down to teh 82.96 almost on the numbers. My valuation studies show downside pressure since early Tuesday but the price action hasn't budged that much. And the fact that it's playing off today's lower targets at this moment gives it a shot at the long side with a pretty tight leash. I'm not an oil buff, so I'm going strictly off the targets, valuation, and current price action in relation to those studies. It's currently 6:52 ET.

#15     Apr 22, 2010
  6. joe4422

joe4422

Are you not part of the exchange website? The one that made fools of themselves?

#16     Apr 23, 2010
  7. joe4422

joe4422

There are so many levels, but the important thing is execution. Take pivots or market profile value areas. They're amazing things, but they really don't help anyone get into trades. Either they work, or they fail. At the end of the day, they're all worth about a big bunch of coin flips.

#17     Apr 23, 2010
  8. I don't follow other items provided by The Exchange. They are a new company providing marketing for traders. Very good people.

In any event, I'm posting over in the Journal under Trading for a Living. I'll answer this post, but I'm responding at this point only on my posts in that forum. If you check last Friday, I posted a graphic of my targets that morning and gave my opinion. Notice I say opinion and not recommendation. I've been registered for over 30 years, so I'm careful not to cross the lines of being an advisor. Regulators get a little sensitive about that, even if you're not gaining financially from the advice, which, in the case of Elite Trader, I'm not.

Attached is the graphic of the past week including ALL of today, Monday's, price targets, which were calculated after the close Friday. Remember, that every one of these price points are the most probables depending on the type of day today will be. That's the part I don't know until the premarket and again right at the beginning of the opening range.

Let's take Friday and today for discussion. Prior to Friday's open I stated which were the relevant prices, which you see on the chart. And, as you can see, my two nearby prices were not ony hit, they, as I've stated in previous threads, once they're reached, can become their own P/R levels. Also, the next up target was validated at the end of the day. I stated in the other forum thread, prior to it occurring, that the opening range looked mediocre, and in the case of this market, that's not bad. Consequently, I stated that, should the market sell down to the cash 1205.55 level, that that looked like a good pickup and if so to look for the first up target to be reached, which it promptly did.

Please appreciate that this is all an experiment for me personally. I've been doing this for over 30 years and in many different capacities, from small private firm relationships to major institutions, and now I'm kind of going to a different phase of life, never quitting but wanting to diversify my personal interests a bit more.

This seems to be a great conduit, as Elite Trader seems to have a very wide spread of talent and experience. Most seem to be individuals aspiring to be traders, and others who have been and are very successful. I haven't decided entirely what I'm going to do with this. All I do know is that I love both the trading and general investment business; it's the only thing in which I've ever been involved professionally. I want to be able to be an assist. I've created a website in which I'm in the process of inviting people from Elite Trader to join at any time during the day for live discussion on GotoMeeting at no charge to them. It will be a paid site for other subscribers, but not for Elite Trader members, since, as I mentioned, this is still in the experimental stage for me.

Finally, getting back to your comment about coin flips. I'm assuming you never saw Friday morning's comments. I've been in this business way too long to waste either my time or anyone else's. If I continue doing this on Elite Trader, it will be for two reasons: Assist learning and to give reliable information...and to give it ahead of time.

This response took a little longer than I expected, and we're right on top of the opening bell. Right now my extreme prices are off the board; only the mid range prices. After the bell I'll tighten up my comments in the Journal.

From here, I won't respond any further to posts in this forum, but only the Journal under Trading for a Living. I hope you are doing well in your trading efforts.

#18     Apr 26, 2010
  9. In the post I just made, I didn't see the graphic attached. I'll try again here.

#19     Apr 26, 2010