Prove to me that Technical Analysis Works.

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by TazTheLaz, May 28, 2022.

1. nodoubts

nodoubts

We also have to take their word about what goes on in their accounts. Anytime someone says "trust me," you can't. Especially if the business they're in is a nasty, "slaughter the peasants" game. He's already told you he "laughs" at traders, meaning "you can't do what I can't do," it's the sign of an insider, who knows you can't do it because you're not connected, not the sign of a teacher. He has to tell you to trade technicals, it's terrific bait. They all make big money because traders try and fail, why would he rock his own boat?

#51     May 28, 2022
  2. Most TA indicators fail miserably to provide a reliable signal. Others are simply late to the party. TA can explain the past but never the future. Whoever is successful with past performance analysis is because they are doing something else, that extra bit of analysis is what makes their trades to work, not the TA indicator.

All you have to do to prove that TA is a religion is to run multiple backtests on any indicator and you will see their performance over time.

In this YouTube channel a developer challenges most of the known indicators, the results are depressing.

#52     May 28, 2022
  3. game is delay cause liverfool fans can't get in the stadium....what the hell is going on? if i'm a liverfool fan and pay good money for the ticket and can't get into the stadium...i would be pissed! anyway...my money is on liverpool!

#53     May 28, 2022
    Ivano likes this.
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Think old Warren would mind me using his B shares to make a point? :p

Two divergences for the price of one. First one equal highs in price, lower (2nd) high in 5-34-5 Osc. Second one, the reverse situation, equal highs in 5-34-5 Osc much higher in price.
    ! Old Warren.png

There is also another in between and one previously to the left as well, but I won't pile on the ignorant that won't see it anyway.

#54     May 28, 2022
  5. Looking at your history of violence your guys must be making a scene there.

#55     May 28, 2022
  6. comagnum

comagnum

Prove to me that Technical Analysis Works

Sure, here you go..

The TA any trader uses will only be as good as the traders experience, instincts, and most importantly how strong they are with risk/trade mgmt.

upload_2022-5-28_9-48-41.png

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    #56     May 28, 2022
    PennySnatch and Ivano like this.
  7. taowave

taowave

Trading off strict fundamentals will rarely if ever produce outsized returns..Yes,Lynch did but he had some distinct advatages the average retail guy did not..

Its fairly obvious you havent spent much time researching the topic..Look at who wins Norm Zadeh's trading championships with 100 plus returns using their own capital.90 percent of those guys are some sort of Modified Canslim trader...No deep Value stuff,No Graham and Dodd...Momentum(RS) and often Earnings growth with some ROE and Margins mixed in,combined with chart patterns, and often MA filters....

Read up on Kristjan Kullamagi,David Ryan,Mark Minervini for starters..

Its also pretty obvious you drink the academic KOOL AID.Those who can do,those who can not do research:)

If Value trading is your comfort level and how you are wired,ride that pony...But there are guys knocking the cover off the ball taking a much different approach...

Have you spent 10 seconds testing shit on Portfolio123???

#57     May 28, 2022
    comagnum likes this.
  8. schizo

schizo

Imagine doing this day in and day out.

upload_2022-5-28_13-11-11.png

#58     May 28, 2022
    SimpleMeLike and Axon like this.
  9. You are confusing two things now.

Does TA work, logically? Yes.

Does that mean you can outperform index investing with no leverage? No, because stonks go up.

So make your decisions.

#59     May 28, 2022
  10. Here is an example of a (not scientifically accurate) random walk below. When people say stocks follow a random walk, that doesn't mean that it isn't predictable, it means that in aggregate, they follow a random walk.

upload_2022-5-28_16-26-55.png

#60     May 28, 2022
    Ivano likes this.