Protests in at least 140 US cities

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Real Money, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Anybody live near one of the hot spots?

Care to comment?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  2. clacy

clacy

I think 90% of us agree that-

Bad cops who murder people by sitting on them for long periods of time: BAD

Good cops who apply the law in a fair and just way: GOOD

Peaceful protesters who want to voice their opinion: GOOD

Rioters who want to destroy property and beat and shoot people: BAD

It seems like a few bad apples are about to force a race war.

apdxyk, trader99, athlonmank8 and 7 others like this.
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Miami. So far lots of sirens, burnt cop car and a couple of beat downs on civilians by thugs. The Cops have done a great Job. They have all exits leading to black town on 1-95 with patrol cars blocking the exit and ready to move in. about 15-20 cop cars per exit blocking and ready to whoop ass. Cops have like snipers on the roof of their station right off of I-95. I went to Miami beach yesterday and was calm.

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

One bad apple tear gassed a bunch of peaceful protestors so he could look tough.

I actually kind of get the rioting. The social contract is broken.

They kneel and are told that’s not the way to protest. They see white protestors walking around with ar-15s and are told that those people are “fine.” How else are they supposed to be heard? It’s populism the other way.

NoahA and Cuddles like this.
  5. S2007S

S2007S

These protests will end soon. Think people will protest for weeks and months?? Never going to happen.

6. S2007S

S2007S

Social contract is broken???

Not even close!!!

7. Nobert

Nobert

LA riots took 5 days. Until national guard showed up.

8. S2007S

S2007S

Once they show up the show is over, everyone will be back inside playing video games, eating avocado toast, streaming movies and planing their next sweater purchase.

9. clacy

clacy

The left leaning Govs and Mayors are hoping to force that on Trump. That way the media can say he’s a racist dictator.

Fortunately half or more of the protesters are white so I’m not sure that argument will hold up.

10. notagain

notagain

Politicians only care about power, money and votes. The elites promote abuse of power until only they have power. Violence hurts small business, not the global corporations flush with red money. How do everyday people make the abuse of power stop?

#10     Jun 2, 2020
    lovethetrade and apdxyk like this.