Protester exercising 1st amendment slapped with felony rioting charges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Absurd. Trump had nothing to do with this, and yes, the author got carried away with this in an attempt to make another Orange Man Bad comment. By the way, from what I read in your post and on further research, I agree with your premise and opinion on this being very dangerous precedent.

If you show me where something happens out there and the right is blaming someone on the left who had nothing to do with it, I would express my opinion in the same. This is why we need to focus on issues and not people.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question.

#21     Dec 4, 2019
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Let me get this straight. The leader of the party, and let's not mince words, Trump has refused to represent the country as a whole....the guy who wants to reform libel laws, who puts every critic on blast on a worldwide platform, the guy who calls those who report on such criticisms enemies of the people, and hints at the shooting of congressmen for treason for merely doing their constitutional duty to hold the executive accountable....that guy, who runs a cult of personality and is seen as the 2nd coming of christ by loyalists and followers, he hasn't inspired wanton disrespect for the freedom to criticize the party's policies?

And Hitler never had to shoot a Jew, so he was probably an alright fellow.

#22     Dec 4, 2019
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So your point is that Trump is comparable to Hitler in that he is responsible for the arresting of these protesters in the same way that Hitler was responsible for the rounding up of Jews? Godwin's law aside, you're making one friggen enormous leap of logic here.

Trump had nothing to do with this. If you weren't so rage blind on Trump you'd be able to make that assessment on your own, but you can't, and so here we are.

#23     Dec 5, 2019
    MoneyMatthew likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Sometimes a sledgehammer is needed to drive a point home.... But once again the hyperbole is lost on you. If you can't see how the party of trump is responsible for this or how he's emboldened them to pull this crap, I can't help you.

#24     Dec 5, 2019
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't want you to help me. I'd prefer you just maintain a semblance of sanity and balance, which doesn't seem possible.

If you want to make all your points with hyperbole, go right ahead and shriek at everyone. The rest of us who prefer adult conversation can just humor you when we get bored (which is essentially why I occasionally try to get into a serious conversation with you).

#25     Dec 5, 2019
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

I can only lead the sheep to water, I can't make them drink it.

#26     Dec 5, 2019
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Its "lead a horse" to water. You have that distorted like just about everything else.

#27     Dec 5, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

Horses are smart, the distortion was intentional

#28     Dec 5, 2019
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ah, I see. Well then change "water" in your example to "kool aid" to make it more appropriate.

#29     Dec 5, 2019
  10. piezoe

piezoe

I believe that one of the most effective measures that anyone who opposes the move toward authoritarianism in the U.S. can do is send $50 to the ACLU.

#30     Dec 5, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.