Protection From Gun Violence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Dec 15, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I've been amazed over the years at the ignorance you've displayed on ET but are you completely unaware of the astronomically high rates of guns violence in Mexico?

"Ciudad Juárez is one of the fastest growing cities in the world despite being called "the most violent zone in the world outside of declared war zones" in 2009"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudad_Juárez

You want us to adopt the gun laws of Mexico? Seriously?

#11     Dec 15, 2012
  2. the amazement is mutual

#12     Dec 15, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Per household:
    One pistol.
    One rifle.

It's the best solution for both sides.

#13     Dec 15, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Between the two of us you're the one advocating adopting the judicial policies of Mexico and I'm the one pointing out the utter stupidity of that proposition. I imagine that from the position on the intellectual ladder that you occupy I would seem amazing to you.

If you keep staring straight up like that you are going to need a chiropractor.

#14     Dec 15, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

Just close your eyes and live in your own little world. It's safer for you that way, oldboy.

#15     Dec 15, 2012
  6. Thank you for displaying your ignorance. You CANNOT be a communist and Muslim.

You don't know why, do you????

Because you are a stupid fucking uneducated moron.

YOU HAVE STATED A CONTRADICTION IN TERMS!!!

I'll tell you why. Communism is a godless belief system. Muslims exalt God. To describe someone as a Muslim Communist is to coin an oxymoron. You will have to look that word up in the dictionary because you are an ignoramus. But, alas, you never owned a dictionary.

One cannot be a muslim, or a christian, or a jew, or any adherent of any diety centered religion and be a communist.

How is it that you hit the right keys to make out a sentence?

And I thought olive oil was healthy..........ehhhhh.

#16     Dec 16, 2012
  7. The only ignorance you exposed was your own.

#17     Dec 16, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

And Kabong goes kaboom again.

#18     Dec 16, 2012
  9. My daughter lives in Israel. No self respecting man shows up for dinner without his uzi within an arms reach. Especially during the Holidays. And there are kids and babies crawling all around on the floor.

If they sold firearms at the airport, just so you could be safe on your flight, I doubt 9/11 would have ever been conceived.

If everybody was packing, out in plain siight, not concealed, I doubt crazy people would go to a mall to try to make some social statement with gun violence. There would be no infatuation with guns, because they would be so commonplace.

Not sure if this is still true, but when I was growing up, every male in Switzerland was required to own a (what they called back then) machine gun.

Hard to say now how things would be going in Syria now if every male was armed and had been for a long time.

I know those Oakland Police would be a little more polite at demonstrations if all the peaceful protesters were armed.

But I guess you could take it too far. Even Matt Dillon made you check your guns at the Sheriff's office before going to the saloon.

#19     Dec 16, 2012
  10. Humpy

Humpy

I saw a statistic that said in the US 5 times as many family members are shot dead by each other than intruders.

Most people shouldn't have anything more lethal than a pepper spray.

Noone should own a gun without a :-

1. psychyatrists' ok that the person is sane
    2. Police certificate declaring they agree to the owner being a responsible citizen.

Letting the local loonies run amok like at present is a recipe for disaster. I can just see "bird brain" getting uptight about that :D

If the figures were published about the number of tourists murdered in the US, I think the trillion dollar tourist trade would dwindle to a trickle.

#20     Dec 16, 2012