Protecting the European Economy after Brexit.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jan 17, 2020.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

I have submitted a letter to the President of the European Commission, on Friday 17th January 2020, along with a copy of a letter of response I received from the European Commission Task Force for Relations with the United Kingdom. I clarify what I classify as the existing trade deal between the European Union and United Kingdom, which maintains a free trade agreement needing to be upheld.

I have subsequently forwarded the documentation along with a covering letter to the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom the Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP, on Friday 17th January 2020, I explain that I have warned the European Commission that if new trade tariffs or embargoes are introduced between the EU and UK after the Brexit process has completed it could badly damage the European economy.

I have only posted my letter, if you want to see the letter of response from the European Commission you will have to read the last blog post at my website. I have put a link to the original location for this post so you can view the whole letter and attachment if you want to, the link is below.

https://morganisteconomics.blogspot.com/2020/01/letter-to-european-commission-regarding.html

To: European Commission
    Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat 200
    1049 Brussels
    Belgium​

To: The President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen.

Regarding: Trade Deal Between the EU and UK after Brexit.

Friday, 17th January 2020.

Thank you for your response to my correspondence regarding the Trade Deal between the European Union and the United Kingdom after the completion of Brexit, the letter is dated 9th January 2020 and enclosed for reference. The letter states the existing trade deal that I refer to in my correspondence, 'appears to be the UK's membership of the EU's Single Market and Customs Union'. I would like to inform you that this is not the trade deal I am trying to protect and also clarify what I classify as the existing trade deal between the EU and UK.

My intention is to protect the economies of all of the European Union Member States and the United Kingdom, which as a macroeconomist I have worked extensively to achieve over the last decade. I deem it necessary for there to be positive annual economic growth for economic prosperity and to protect the ability for the international banking system to operate. The volume of trade between the European Union and the United Kingdom must be maintained after the Brexit process has completed, which is made easier through upholding free trade.

The intention of maintaining the existing trade deal between the EU and the UK is not for the UK to continue to be part of the EU's Single Market and Customs Union, but to maintain the volume of trade and existing free market operations between the two economies. Access to EU markets must be enabled continuing with completely open trade in addition to preserving the existing free trade and taxation agreements. It is possible for the UK and EU to maintain their free trade without the UK being a member of the EU's Single Market or Customs Union.

There are nations that currently operate a similar agreement with the EU, an example is the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area, 'DCFTA', agreements or the Stabilisation and Association Agreements. In terms of the trade deal between the EU and the UK as long as the import and export market for goods is sustained as free trade after Brexit, meaning no new tariffs or embargoes are placed on trade, the economies of both the EU and UK should be protected against deep recession, upholding this agreement would be appropriate stewardship.

Kind Regards.

Peter James Rhys Morgan.

Copyright © 2020 Peter James Rhys Morgan.

2. d08

d08

You copyrighted your forum post?

3. morganist

morganist Guest

No it already had copyright on it and I copied and pasted it so it stayed. The other issue is that if it has copyright on the original document I have to show it on the syndicated issue so that people are aware that it has copyright so they cannot just use it assuming it is not protected.