Protecting successful trading strategy

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bbk, Nov 28, 2008.

1. if the strategy is reverse engineered, the broker front- runs you.

#41     Jan 13, 2011
  2. Kinda of funny about how paranoid some people are about protecting their strategy.

#42     Jan 13, 2011
  3. Yes Absolutley... Put it in my hands for safe keeping

ES

P.S. What?

#43     Jan 13, 2011
  4. Your research when completed will show you my home purchaes and commercial building purchases. Were I you I wouldn't include and spec building or development of raw land either under coprorate egis or limited partnerships.

The largest yacht I owned was US122, The Consort; it was designed for the king of Sweden and built in Gothemburg. The US base was Annapolis. I sold it to the treasurur of Yachting Magazine. I sailed out of Greenwich,Conn and Handcock Point Maine (45FWL, Friendship Slop)

My greatest single accumulation of profits were devoted to life time trusts of adult handicapped children bewginng in 1960. My record for setting up trusts is based on one trade of a 1.7 net Three separate trusts were arranged.

#44     Jan 14, 2011
  5. You are very generous ,Jack.Good luck to you!

#45     Jan 21, 2011
  6. Yes, I agree ... kudos to you for your charitable donations.

If you don't mind my asking, what are "adult handicapped children"?

#46     Jan 21, 2011

7. Families begin with an ocassional child. If all gores well the child is is not handicapped in anyway and the family grows.

Occasionally a child is born and has to struggle through childhood and forgo a normal education. The alternative is individual care and parenting for this unique challenged child.

Once the child becomes an adult, he cannot take his normal place in the world. The parents also grow older and become concerned with their offspring's care and support as they proceed in to their sunset years. Providing for their child is a continuing concernt, for they will not be around forverver.

A nice thing to do it provide for the life of this former child now an adult. There are many weys to to this. A trust usually is possible to set up so the child is provided for during his entire remaining life.

The operators of homes for these offspring usually contract for a lifetime of care and the financial basis is a trust which supplies the support capital rquired.

Providing trading profits from trading allows for a capital formation that is sufficient to carry out the lifetime support needed.

A similar type thing is done by most adults for when their medicare and medicaid run out. Usually it is under the aegis of a service called "Long Term Care". Their ae many forms of these support services.

For children who are challenged from birth, the care requirements are more demanding because of the duration and extent required. It is quite a relief for parents when someone can step in and be helpiful by sharing excess profits from expert trading to do the necessary captial formation.

Under NFA, etc, and using POA's for accounts; it is easily possible to take the continuing market's offer and build capital by simoly trading several accounts in parallel using just one trading strategy and regime.

If I am trading stocks at a 100,000 share limit per stream, then the positions summing to 100,000 shares can actually come from shares in several accounts that are traded in parallel as POA's.
    It does not involve much extra work and can benefit many people in need concurrently.

One of the reasons we give away the PEP and its applications (PVT, SCT and SSR) is so that people who trade our methods can make a commitment to help solve local problems with their excess prodits and time. "Paying it forward" also includes teaching others to trade. This has been perpatuated forur four generations (my definition) so far.

#47     Jan 21, 2011
  8. Jack, i`m practicing the SCT part of PEP now, and didn`t find anything on the other part,wich is PVT part.Can you provide with this info on that part of PEP, or give some links if it was disscused earlier?

tnx

#48     Jan 21, 2011
  9. When we talk about technical issues connected with protection for trading strategy I see one very efficient way : writing unique algorithm into smart card based security device called SenseLock. You can read more about this device at www.senselock.com
    We talked about this issue with russian company www.seculab.ru who are their representatives and integrators in Russia. They claimed they already made some project for trading software vendors and none of SenseLock protected software products was cracked for last 4 years since they have started its implementation.
    We also use eSignal encryption for protecting our own scripts however in that case there's always a risk of reverse engineering.

#49     Jan 23, 2011
  10. I don't think any already successful trader cares about your strategy, or mine, etc. Furthermore, another important element of profitable trading is the ability to follow the system. Who do you think is more likely to follow a trading system when it's experiencing it's maximum heat: the developer/trader or the copier/thief/trader? (Heat is an element of a drawdown. Trading systems often experience periods of maximum gain after maximum heat.)

Many, if they are at least intuitively tested, can work. The issue of profitability is not generally finding workable methods, the issue is in following the method every time.

This whole thread is based on the assumption that a borrower or "stealer" of a profitable strategy will, in practice, be able to follow the method stolen.

I believe this assumption is faulty, and almost always false. This includes all aspects of automating a trading method, because as you should know, humans engineer these automations. and very often even automated strategies are over-ridden or modified by the trader.

So, find a method that works, that fits your tolerance for heat, and trade it. If someone steals your strategy, great. I bet they won't follow it during the most significant times. If they then optimize it, guess what, it's not your same strategy anymore.

I hope this allows those overly concerned with this discussion to move on, and focus on the 80/20 of what really matters to trading profitability. It's not someone "stealing" your method.

#50     Feb 1, 2011