Protecting Multicharts Code, best ways?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Alex27, Feb 18, 2016.

1. botpro

botpro

Your questions are getting more and more illogical, IMO.
    What exactly do you want to protect?
    Have you still not got enough ideas for security by yet?
    Or are you maybe a sales p*tch abusing these threads with your endless wild list of products of whom I am sure you aren't using them, just making silly ads for the respective companies, it seems.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    #41     Feb 21, 2016
    Alex27 likes this.
  2. Alex27

Alex27

I'm guessing your one of those negative ass holes who hasn't got a winning strategy so you don't care about protecting because you have shit to protect.

Get some fucking manners !

I'm a trader that's keen to be better and automate my strategy, that's it now if you haven't got anything positive to say.

Do one or add value which you where doing at the start!

#42     Feb 22, 2016
  3. Surgo

Surgo

This thread, and your questions, are completely nonsensical.

If you are your providing your code in ANY way (including compiled and heavily obfuscated machine code) to some piece of software to execute trades on your behalf, your code can be "stolen" and used. This is because your code, by virtue of the fact that it executes trades via a known interface, has to take data as input and produce trades as output. That means that anyone you give the block of code to can use it as a black box to do exactly that. There is absolutely no way to "protect" that. That's a basic fact of computing.

Don't like it? Then don't use third party programs. No MultiCharts. No Serra Chart. You write your own implementation that speaks directly to your broker of choice and does not go through any third party programs.

#43     Feb 26, 2016
  4. Alex27

Alex27

So surgo, did you build a custom platform or use a third party to trade?

#44     Feb 26, 2016
  5. userque

userque

I don't use Multicharts, but any 'code' can be reverse-engineered with enough time/effort.

The only true 'protection' is to not give the algorithm/system/code, however well 'protected,' to anyone; but to only issue 'signals.'

Collective2, as someone already mentioned, is one way to do this.

#45     Feb 26, 2016
  6. dartmus

dartmus

Sharing the signals is nearly as bad as sharing the code. Any 'signal' can be reverse-engineered with enough time/effort.

#46     Feb 26, 2016
  7. userque

userque

I disagree.

#47     Feb 26, 2016
  8. dartmus

dartmus

Then why does nearly everyone in the biz conceal their signals? As strongly as they protect their code?

#48     Feb 26, 2016
  9. Surgo

Surgo

I use Rightedge (a third party program). I'm investigating using Multicharts as well.

Quite simply, I find it insane to believe that Rightedge or Multicharts would wager all potential future sales of their product against whatever results my algorithms would provide them by stealing it. They are as trustworthy products as you'll find anywhere.

#49     Feb 26, 2016
  10. I don't understand this.
    Let's say I give you 100 entries and exits, each time at the top and bottom of each wave. Can you generate for me the reversed engineered code for that?
    I tried Artificial Intelligence years ago. But never ended up with any profitable system.
    If reversed engineering would really be interesting, companies like Virtue or Medallion, who have the knowledge and the resources, would reverse engineer all the available systems. But they don't...
    Example: if you use (hypothetically) 4 timeframes, in 2 timeframes 6 indicators with specific rules, and in 2 timeframes 3 other indicators with other rules, which even can change depending on other indicators (so interpretation would change according to these other indicators).
    I would like to see who can reverse engineer that.
    To me it looks impossible, because the revere engineer has no clue about number of timeframes, length of each timeframe, which indicators, based on what and how to interpret...... You will have billions of theoretical possible combinations. So first find out how many combinations there are, and second how to eliminate and keep what is needed?

#50     Feb 27, 2016
    userque likes this.